No announcement yet.

psu reccomendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you.have just picked up a new case,so all i need in an aftermarket cpu cooler and im done :-)

Comment

You looking for any advice on the CPU cooler or are you set? What case did you go for?
      Originally posted by Turbo Porridge
      Yes You Can!

Im making a farming village ! all we are doing is farming coffee and porridge!

Comment

i was looking at an all in one water cooler like the Corsair Hydro H60 V2.but at the min i am a bit worried about temps.think cpu is getting too warm.its hitting 50 degrees in bios but saying 0 degrees in windows.
        i have done some reading up and amd's temp reporting is crap untill its under load but i want it cooler.the case i went for is Cooler Master Elite 334U and is quite nice for a budget case

Comment

Originally posted by le4thab View Post
          i was looking at an all in one water cooler like the Corsair Hydro H60 V2.but at the min i am a bit worried about temps.think cpu is getting too warm.its hitting 50 degrees in bios but saying 0 degrees in windows.
          i have done some reading up and amd's temp reporting is crap untill its under load but i want it cooler.the case i went for is Cooler Master Elite 334U and is quite nice for a budget case
          If you're looking at a H60 I'm confused why you're looking at spending more on cooling than of a good quality power supply
          Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
          Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
          i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

pretty much silent running and with the possibility of o/c later?

Comment

The PSU also affects overclocking buddy.

If it cannot supply adequate power, the PC will either shut down or BSOD. I wasn't kidding when I said it was the most important investment
              i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

You really should return that psu as it's very poor. Any 500w psu that can only deliver 360w on the 12v rails and can't even deliver it's stated wattage (can only deliver a max of 450w) is rubbish. No 80+ certification either. The Elite range gets blasted in every review due to the poor quality and false branding of stated outputs. You would have been far better off getting the excellent XFX 450w unit which is built by Seasonic. The psu is not the place to save money!!
                i5-4670k@4.5Ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero, 16GB Samsung Green 2133Mhz@9-10-10-21/1N, Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD, Crucial M500 240GB SSD, 1TB Hitachi 7K1000C, Seasonic G series 750w, EVGA GTX780 FTW ACX Watercooling / Pump 2x AquaXtreme 50z / CPU EK Supreme HF / GPU XSPC Rasa VGA / 25cm XSPC Passive res / Rads, Thermochill PA120.3 + CG360

Comment

Working...
                X