Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psu reccomendations

hey all can you please spec me a pus.
    recently upgraded to a10 5800k and an f2a85x-d3h.old psu is generic 400w mess thing.was looking for somthing budget and cheap as poss realy!
    thanks for looking.
    James

what gpu ?
    Is my new Kingston flash drive on drugs?

i

Comment

on board atm mate

Comment

If it was me, I'd go for a decent 500w model so if you were to hybrid crossfire your APU with a dedicated GPU at a later date, you dont have to worry about upgrading your PSU again and still have enough head room for further upgrades beyond your current setup.

If cable management/cleanliness is important to you too, id go for this PSU, if not - save a few quid and go for the non modular version here.
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

thanks bigian

Comment

i would go for http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=53654

or if you decide to add a gpu then this one

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=53990

i

Comment

cheers watercooled

Comment

i take it cit and arianet psu's are out?

Comment

Its always better to stick with branded PSU's. Cheap variants that offer high power for a low price usually follow the rule of 'if something looks too good to be true, it usually is'. Cheap power supplies are less reliable than branded ones and have far less safety features, so if your PSU goes pop, it can take the entire PC with it too.
                  i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

i just thought the arianet branded psu's would be the same deal as the arianet branded gpu's

Comment

Arianet is just a brand rename of another manufacturer.

Rather than listing all of the companies, they generally bundle similar items together and label them Arianet. The GPU range can vary from a cheap brand like VTX or XFX to more respected brands like Sapphire and MSI. With PSU's its not the same story im afriad, they are just rebranded cheap models such as CiT - which (dont get me wrong), serve a purpose but if its reliability and system security you are after, its worth spending a few extra on something more reliable.

Comment

thanks for all your input mate

Comment

No worries

In the greater scheme of things, the power supply is the single most important investment in a PC. It can last through several builds and will protect your components if it blows ir their is a sudden power surge or electrical outage. You can cut corners with most other components and not have to worry too much, but for the PSU its worth paying a little extra for reliability & protection

Comment

100% with ian above.

i

Comment

How about this? When it comes back in stock:
                              http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=53989

Personally, I've heard bad things about the Corsair CX range. My mate's CX600 went pop after less than a year and it only powered an Athlon II and 6770. The XFX in the above link is the best value Aria sell IMO.
                              Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
                              Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
                              i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

Working...
                              X