Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair CX600 - maybe coil whine.

Hi,

Just received and built a new PC with this PSU. All woking fine but ran the windows experience test and heard some aweful squeaking and squealing nosies, mainly during the graphics tests. It would stop and start specifically with each test.

I have also noticed the noise during basic use such as web browsing and scrolling although much quieter. I havnt yet started playing games but bit worried thats its going to be rather loud when I do.

Its definately the PSU as I disconnected my 7870 GPU to use just intergrated graphics and it carried on when scrolling.

Should I RMA it or just see how it goes when playing games? It is annoying but dont really want to be without a working system for a while.

It depends really, the coil squeal can happen and its not necessarily bad. If its intrusive though I would return or DSR it whilst you still can.
    Originally posted by jointhedotz
    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

Thanks for the response. I'm just waiting to hear from Corsair re their RMA process. Hoping I can get a replacement first and then send the faulty one back. Can't really be without my PC at the min! Annoying noise or not. Failing that still within DSR so can still send back to Aria if I need to.

Comment

Originally posted by nigelno1 View Post
        Thanks for the response. I'm just waiting to hear from Corsair re their RMA process. Hoping I can get a replacement first and then send the faulty one back. Can't really be without my PC at the min! Annoying noise or not. Failing that still within DSR so can still send back to Aria if I need to.
        You can do a advanced RMA via Corsair. I think you'll have to pay to send the faulty one back, they might do a free collection since the unit is new.
        CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

Yeah advanced replacements are great. Ring em up, tell them about your problem.
          They will no doubt tell you about using it on a different power extension perhaps, or if you've tried it on a main socket and not an extension cord. Just tell them you've tried it all and isolated the problem to the PSU. Then ask for an advanced replacement and they'll send one over (normally takes 2-3 days). At this point, go ahead and send it back. No doubt the operator will tell you, but I was not (and managed to snag a free PSU)

Hmm, so you kept the one you were told to send back ?
          CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

Originally posted by Zaim View Post
            [FONT=arial]

Hmm, so you kept the one you were told to send back ?
            I wasn't. Asked for advanced replacement, they said they would after I explained my woes for the last 2 weeks. That was it. No words on sending it back, so I thought I ought to keep it. Pretty much a year later now, and no word.
            2500k @ Stock | EVGA GTX970 SC | 8GB Corsair LP @ 1600mhz| Noctua NH-D14 | Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 | Corsair TX850 v2 | Coolermaster HAF X | 27" BenQ GW2765HT @ 2560x1440

Add me on Steam: themanhunt1234

Comment

Originally posted by Themanhunt View Post
              I wasn't. Asked for advanced replacement, they said they would after I explained my woes for the last 2 weeks. That was it. No words on sending it back, so I thought I ought to keep it. Pretty much a year later now, and no word.
              Oh, advanced rma always means, they send you a new one, you send the faulty one back

How's the replacement been ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaim View Post
                Oh, advanced rma always means, they send you a new one, you send the faulty one back

How's the replacement been ?
                Turns out my anger was in vain. Turned out to be my 560ti doing the whining, and the squealing of the PSU after shutdown went away after a few months. GPU still whines like a hound, but my Kave has fixed that
                2500k @ Stock | EVGA GTX970 SC | 8GB Corsair LP @ 1600mhz| Noctua NH-D14 | Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 | Corsair TX850 v2 | Coolermaster HAF X | 27" BenQ GW2765HT @ 2560x1440

Add me on Steam: themanhunt1234

Comment

Working...
                X