Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CORSAIR CX750M PSU

Hi All

I just brought a CORSAIR CX750M Builderseries PSU from aria.co.uk (excellent service btw) and I was just wondering about a potential issue i have with it and whether anyone recognises the symptoms in PSU's in general.

Got everything unboxed and plummed into my base unit, everything powers up and for the last few days ive have been using my system fine.

However from the outset the PSU makes, what i can only describe as, a high pitched whine/squeak when the hard drive is reading heavily.

This usually occurs on bootup and the initial time in windows, as i speak im in Windows and its stopped doing it and the HDD is going quite a lot anyways.

As I type this there is a few odd squeaks but for the most part its stopped!

When im playing games and the GPU is drawing as normal there is no evidence of the squeak at all.

Ive read a few articles that have spoken about something called "Coil Whine" but I have no idea....

Any thoughts?

Thanks

If your PC is all working fine then I wouldnt worry too much.

I also have an annoying issue with my PSU where the fan spins up to full speed (which is pretty damn loud) for no particular reason or pattern to it.

Its been doing it for a few months and still works ok so........

What you have does indeed sound like capicitor whine, but if you can id probably just put up with it. Corsair make pretty good PSU's if there is a problem and it goes, its much less likely to damange anything else in your PC then if you had an unbranded/generic PSU.
    GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Working...
    X