• Show
Clear All

• 650W EVGA SuperNova NEX 80PLUS Gold Modular Power Supply

Anybody know anything about this psu?

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=54096

Was considering making a purchase for this build I'm ordering

https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/4l3_HqPZzv0hEBAu2b006Q,,

currently the wish list contains an xfx psu

maybe considering a second GPU in a few months time so would it be enough or should I go for a 750w?
    Last edited by jbegg1987; 01-02-13, 21:40.
    Originally posted by Turbo Porridge
    Yes You Can!

Im making a farming village ! all we are doing is farming coffee and porridge!

They're both excellent PSUs.

They both state they have 4 x 8pin PCIExpress power cables, so they both have enough connectors for 2 GPUs.

650W for a 3570k and 2 x 7870 LE ? Yes it should just about be okay... any lesser brand and I would worry but both XFX and EVGA seem to use very good quality internals (xfx is made by seasonic I believe).

If you can afford the 750W XFX here : https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=53995
    I would say the peace of mind is worth the extra few £s
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post

If you can afford the 750W XFX here : https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=53995
      I would say the peace of mind is worth the extra few £s
      You sir have just sold a psu. Ordering Monday hopefully!
      Yes You Can!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz
        Yeah they're made by FSP so pretty good quality
        EVGA = FSP? Interesting, I liked FSP when they made their own
        --
        Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

750w XFX is currently not in stock, should I wait or would this be an alternative?

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=54002
          Yes You Can!

Comment

Depends when XFX are back in stock, and how long you can wait

The BQ is decent enough, but the XFX is the better unit. If you can't wait, the BQ will be fine
            --

Comment

Waiting it is then. Thanks again for you help señor spaceboy
              Yes You Can!

Comment

The BQ is decent enough, but the XFX is the better unit. If you can't wait, the BQ will be fine
                Really? I use the L8 630 and I've put the same model in builds for two friends too, had no problems at all. Plus it's silent.
                Just not seeing how the XFX unit is any better that's all.
                I5 2500K @ 4.7GHz| Maximus IV Extreme | 8GB Predator DDR3 | Crossfire Radeon 5850| BeQuiet! L8 630W | Corsair 700D
                Razer Lachesis | Razer Black Widow

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksb4 View Post
                  Really? I use the L8 630 and I've put the same model in builds for two friends too, had no problems at all. Plus it's silent.
                  Just not seeing how the XFX unit is any better that's all.
                  BQ + EVGA both use FSP

XFX use Seasonic

Difference between them?.....well it boils down to warranty and CS for me, and XFX have horrid customer service. Go with BeQuiet or even look for an Enermax or Corsair TX range if you can spare a few more Peso's

Best Thermal Paste 2017 Comparison

Comment

Originally posted by gavbon View Post
                    BQ + EVGA both use FSP

XFX use Seasonic

Difference between them?.....well it boils down to warranty and CS for me, and XFX have horrid customer service. Go with BeQuiet or even look for an Enermax or Corsair TX range if you can spare a few more Peso's
                    +1, I'd go for a Corsair TX/HX/AX.
                    CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

Working...
                    X