Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clockwise
    replied
    Is no way that is reaching across that case then.

Might wait and see what goes on super special or whatever between now and mid jan when I need the rig running.

Leave a comment:

• wonderlust
    replied
    Short.... let me measure the cable for you....

Added after 3 minutes:

The 12v 4 pin is about 10" long
    Last edited by wonderlust; 08-12-12, 15:32.

Leave a comment:

• Clockwise
    replied
    Originally posted by IanS View Post
    Those Esprimos have a custom SFF PSU, so a standard ATX PSU won't fit if you're going to be using the original case.

I had one of the 550W ARIAnet ACE Xtremes a while back, got it using up some Aria bytes, thought it might come in handy as a spare for test purposes.
    It wasn't that bad, short cables and not many of them, but fairly heavy for a generic. I ended up using it to power a fairly old basic PC, which came in for repair.
    If it's just for a basic web browser / office machine it should be fine, but for how long is anybody's guess.
    I ripped the mobo out and dumped it in a bit fenix merc alpha.

Any idea how long the 4pin is?

Leave a comment:

• wonderlust
    replied
    I too have a couple of the Ace 550w black psu's bought for a few cheap projects, they seem to be better than some cheapo psu and from my research seem to be from the same OEM that makes some Akasa units amongst others.

Leave a comment:

• IanS
    replied
    Those Esprimos have a custom SFF PSU, so a standard ATX PSU won't fit if you're going to be using the original case.

I had one of the 550W ARIAnet ACE Xtremes a while back, got it using up some Aria bytes, thought it might come in handy as a spare for test purposes.
    It wasn't that bad, short cables and not many of them, but fairly heavy for a generic. I ended up using it to power a fairly old basic PC, which came in for repair.
    If it's just for a basic web browser / office machine it should be fine, but for how long is anybody's guess.

Leave a comment:

• Clockwise
    started a topic anyone got one of the cheapo psus?

anyone got one of the cheapo psus?

So I have a cheap pc(an esprimo that the psu died on) it wasn't from aria but an old old one that was in work which went pop and so a replacement was ordered from aria and I got to take the salvage home. Specs are near identical, power use will be identical(cpu different by like 200mhz.

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/...roductId=52549

So looking at the aria branded stuff.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=47037

vs

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=44294

vs

other

I have seen a couple of other psus in the same price bracket like an "alpine" and some others.

Also yes I have invested in 3x co2 fire extinguishers one of which will always be within arms reach when this pc is on lol
Working...
X