anyone got one of the cheapo psus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone got one of the cheapo psus?

So I have a cheap pc(an esprimo that the psu died on) it wasn't from aria but an old old one that was in work which went pop and so a replacement was ordered from aria and I got to take the salvage home. Specs are near identical, power use will be identical(cpu different by like 200mhz.

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/...roductId=52549

So looking at the aria branded stuff.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=47037

vs

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=44294

vs

other

I have seen a couple of other psus in the same price bracket like an "alpine" and some others.

Also yes I have invested in 3x co2 fire extinguishers one of which will always be within arms reach when this pc is on lol

Those Esprimos have a custom SFF PSU, so a standard ATX PSU won't fit if you're going to be using the original case.

I had one of the 550W ARIAnet ACE Xtremes a while back, got it using up some Aria bytes, thought it might come in handy as a spare for test purposes.
    It wasn't that bad, short cables and not many of them, but fairly heavy for a generic. I ended up using it to power a fairly old basic PC, which came in for repair.
    If it's just for a basic web browser / office machine it should be fine, but for how long is anybody's guess.

Comment

I too have a couple of the Ace 550w black psu's bought for a few cheap projects, they seem to be better than some cheapo psu and from my research seem to be from the same OEM that makes some Akasa units amongst others.
      I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by IanS View Post
        Those Esprimos have a custom SFF PSU, so a standard ATX PSU won't fit if you're going to be using the original case.

I had one of the 550W ARIAnet ACE Xtremes a while back, got it using up some Aria bytes, thought it might come in handy as a spare for test purposes.
        It wasn't that bad, short cables and not many of them, but fairly heavy for a generic. I ended up using it to power a fairly old basic PC, which came in for repair.
        If it's just for a basic web browser / office machine it should be fine, but for how long is anybody's guess.
        I ripped the mobo out and dumped it in a bit fenix merc alpha.

Any idea how long the 4pin is?

Comment

Short.... let me measure the cable for you....

Added after 3 minutes:

The 12v 4 pin is about 10" long
          Last edited by wonderlust; 08-12-12, 15:32.
          I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Is no way that is reaching across that case then.

Might wait and see what goes on super special or whatever between now and mid jan when I need the rig running.

Comment

Working...
            X