650w power supply unit troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought 26th August 2011
    Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

so say -10% output tops if its been on a lot.

are you sure you are not over loading one of the rails?
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post

my m8 built the pc for me so how can i check to see if i am overloading a rail ?

Comment

just looking and if its one of the newer core models they are single rail

if its your mate who built it idk how well you would be able to test the psu with the hdd running but out of the case just to check if it that making the noise
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

Comment

i think my m8 hasnt a clue, he is a pc technician, but i think he doesnt do it proper, i wish i knew someone who lived near me to test it all out, i dont even live far from aria shop too

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post

well i rang my m8 up, and all of my hard drives are running of one rail, the case, which is a thermaltake level 10 gts, is a quick release hard drive trays, which have all sata leads together inbuilt, so it is all one wire. could that be my problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by jjp2701 View Post
                well i rang my m8 up, and all of my hard drives are running of one rail, the case, which is a thermaltake level 10 gts, is a quick release hard drive trays, which have all sata leads together inbuilt, so it is all one wire. could that be my problem ?
                doubt it

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Originally posted by jjp2701 View Post
                  i just rang the aria shop up, and he reckons its the psu isnt powerful enough, for all the stuff i am using
                  I wouldn't want to disparage the folks at the Aria shop, but you do realise that they are there to sell stuff.

The default setting will be to shift another box. Maybe that is what you want to do anyway.

There are on-line reckoners that will work out how much oomph you need. But do note that they are also sales tools, likely to overestimate how much you should spend.

If the only issue is the noise, why get your nickers in a twist?
                  Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                  Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                  Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
                    I wouldn't want to disparage the folks at the Aria shop, but you do realise that they are there to sell stuff.

The default setting will be to shift another box. Maybe that is what you want to do anyway.

There are on-line reckoners that will work out how much oomph you need. But do note that they are also sales tools, likely to overestimate how much you should spend.

If the only issue is the noise, why get your nickers in a twist?
                    it is noisey which drives me mad, if i wanted a loud pc, i would of bought cheap parts, but nothing is cheap inside, thats why i want it quite, and running fine, and the other point is i cant run 4 hard drives at once
                    Last edited by luke22; 21-11-12, 23:24.

Comment

Noisy is nasty. I hate that.

Which is why I have passive graphics cards with crap specifications.

But the noises I hear are not that worrying if it is just disks and fans. Maybe my hearing is fading.

You seem to have eliminated the PSU. I would play around with the physical bits. Screws, mounts and what have you. You might be surprised by how much you can find by just putting a bit of pressure on the drives. They can suddenly go quiet on you, fingering the "grommets" as an issue.

Think physical before you spend any money.
                      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                      Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

see now you name your case i am back to thinking its vibration noise. a couple of moving parts is all it would take to get it humming.

some small rubber grommets for the hdd and fans might be all you need to fix it. if it is your psu loop 3dmark for a while and that should make it crash tbh and then you would know
                        Last edited by luke22; 21-11-12, 23:43.
                        Plato

Comment

Elastic bands can work wonders... just saying
                          --
                          Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Can you record a video of the noise?

Comment

bearing grinding on a fan?

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Working...
                              X