Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naphta
    replied
    You don't pay for longevity, you pay for the PSU which is considerate and dosn't trash your house during the breakup.

Leave a comment:

• Snow
    replied
    Originally posted by Cosford View Post
    No reason that you've made a bad choice. PSU's die, its a fact of life.
    True I suppose, don't want anything dying along with it though
    Originally posted by Faisal View Post
    I've been running my CX500 v1 for almost 2 years now without any problems at all, I guess it's just luck but it hasn't let me down . Cost me 45 quid then and came with 3 years warranty.
    Ah, well that's lightened my feelings a bit .

Leave a comment:

• Faisal
    replied
    Originally posted by Snow View Post
    I just bought this unit. Starting to feel like it was a bad choice (got it for 45). Does it have 3 year warranty or just the one?
    I've been running my CX500 v1 for almost 2 years now without any problems at all, I guess it's just luck but it hasn't let me down . Cost me 45 quid then and came with 3 years warranty.
    Last edited by Faisal; 10-11-12, 19:23.

Leave a comment:

• Cosford
    replied
    No reason that you've made a bad choice. PSU's die, its a fact of life.

Leave a comment:

• Snow
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarky View Post
    Definately dead, interestingly I specc'd a friend the same PSU about the same time as June last year and it died on her last week.
    I just bought this unit. Starting to feel like it was a bad choice (got it for 45). Does it have 3 year warranty or just the one?

Leave a comment:

• Sarky
    replied
    Definately dead, interestingly I specc'd a friend the same PSU about the same time as June last year and it died on her last week.

Leave a comment:

• k3vst3r
    replied
    Originally posted by Toonshorty View Post
    Hooked up an tri-led and fan, still switched off instantly.
    it's dead jim

Leave a comment:

• Terbinator
    replied
    You could always try your PSU just to confirm it.

As for RMA, i would try with Corsair directly - you usually get a better PSU in return IIRC? Probably faster than sending it to Aria for just to pass it on etc too.

Leave a comment:

• Toonshorty
    replied
    Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
    with paper clip does it stay on if u have few fans connected to the psu?

some psu's need a load to remain on safety feature not all psu's need this though
    Hooked up an tri-led and fan, still switched off instantly.

Leave a comment:

• k3vst3r
    replied
    with paper clip does it stay on if u have few fans connected to the psu?

some psu's need a load to remain on safety feature not all psu's need this though
    Last edited by k3vst3r; 10-11-12, 15:21.

Leave a comment:

• Toonshorty
    started a topic Dead PSU

Dead PSU

Friend has just dropped off a PC I built a year and a half ago claiming that he thinks the PSU has died.

Sure enough, when I try to start it the fans spin for a split seconds as if power simply pulsed through the system.

I detached the PSU from the PC entirely and connected a multimeter to a molex and jump started the PSU with a paperclip, sure enough the voltage jumped up for around a second (too inconsistent to say what the value rises to) and then just falls back down to zero.

Does this mean the PSU is dead?

It's a Corsair CX600 that was purchased from Aria around June 2011. If it needs to be sent back is it best to return it to Aria themselves or Corsair directly?

Cheers,

Toon
Working...
X