How good are online calculators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good are online calculators?

I used this one http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/Power The official thermaltake one for my new system i'm making and it says 342w will be needed for a 3570k system with a HD 7870 GPU. Obviously thats 342w of a top quality PSU not a cheap one but are they pretty realistic in there estimates? Meaning a 530w Be Quiet PSU would easily be enough?
    i7-6700K 4.00GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow, Zotac GTX 980 TI AMP! 6GB, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, Blu-ray Writer, Asus ROG Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz DDR4

I would always allow for 30% headroom or so, but following that rule you should be fine with the BeQuiet yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn View Post
      I would always allow for 30% headroom or so, but following that rule you should be fine with the BeQuiet yeah.
      Yeah I figured that thanks. I always worry with PSU requirements and I think thats down to manufacturers slapping those 500w needed on each card. Making you think you need a lot more than you ACTUALLY need.
      i7-6700K 4.00GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow, Zotac GTX 980 TI AMP! 6GB, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, Blu-ray Writer, Asus ROG Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz DDR4

Comment

530W will be ample with headroom to overclock. Nice choice of spec btw
        Originally posted by jointhedotz
        I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

Its good to spec up a PSU, mine has lasted me two and a bit builds.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
            530W will be ample with headroom to overclock. Nice choice of spec btw
            Ahaha yeah just realised you got that spec. It's gonna cost me around 700 for the whole system. I'm buying next Friday most likely.

Comment

I tend to select 50% capacitor aging to allow for degradation over long term use, and add a bit extra to be on the safe side
              Why did the chicken cross the road?
              To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

I says my PC needs 727w lol.
                GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Working...
                X