Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair AX1200i Review

Hello guys

I've been testing the new AX1200i over the last few days - below is the review, hope you like it. Fantastic PSU!

Corsair AX1200i

6900K -
    32GB DDR4 - GTX 1080 Ti - VORTEZ TV!

First corsair psu in ages to not have gash colour scheme.

Comment

Nice review mate, great psu.
      CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

We are making plans to invest in equipment as we were directed by Cooler Master when Simon visited their test labs in June 2010.
        Get one already!

CPU Cooler Round up

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwise View Post
          First corsair psu in ages to not have gash colour scheme.
          Can't say I have disliked the look of their PSUs in the past but this one does look very nice!

Originally posted by Zaim View Post
          Nice review mate, great psu.
          Thanks mate, it is indeed - top pick. Price might be a little steep but in the Platinum territory for such high wattage its bound to be. Plus lets face it, if you can afford 3x high-end GPU then the cost won't be much of a problem.

6900K -
          32GB DDR4 - GTX 1080 Ti - VORTEZ TV!

Comment

Originally posted by Mishima View Post
            Can't say I have disliked the look of their PSUs in the past but this one does look very nice!
            They look good they just always seem to pick some awful colour to trim them in like lime green, yellow, orange, dodge electric blue. This one they have picked an off colour for the AX writing but mostly the psu is black.

Comment

2800RPM and 48.5dBA.
              Two things worry me about that, first do you really need to rev a 140mm fan that fast ? .... if so, then something seems a little off, and second, that's not exactly going to win any silent awards, Yate's are good reliable fans, but they seem very traditional (and noisy) in a field that is constantly evolving as they learn more about aerodynamics, and noise.
              Corsair, as with many PSU makers, seem to love the force feed method of cooling, whereby you blast the board and components with air from above or below, and let it fight it's way out of the rear, oddly enough, in this i find the more traditional pull fan arrangement more appealing drawing air in a straight line over the components, sucking the hot air out, and letting the cool air be drawn in to replace the displaced heated air. - That said PCP&C always used that method - and they never learned to use quieter fans either.

Nice review, and it seems a stable unit - wonder who makes it for them

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
              - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

Love the look of this, plus the performance!

Really torn between waiting to see if there's a refresh (if that is what it is?) on the AX series or going with the new Seasonic Platinum X Series.

Comment

I thought the AX1200i was the refresh?
                  Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGlobe View Post
                    I thought the AX1200i was the refresh?
                    It is mate
                    CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

Working...
                    X