Which psu to get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which psu to get?

Basically have been looking around for a psu for my potential new pc build. I have found 3 possibles that might do the job, but the only thing that is stopping me from making a final decision on it is the single rail or mutli rail psu.

The psu that I've selected are the 1000W Mushkin Joule 80PLUS Gold which has 6 12v rails at 19A, the 800W Corsair GS800 V2 80PLUS Bronze with a single rail at 66A or the Aerocool Strike-X 800W Modular 80+ Silver with a single rail at 65A

Corsair.

That's what I'd want anyway.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Another vote for the Corsair here!
      Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

So it would be better having a single rail rather than multi?

Comment

Correct, high rated single rail is good
          Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

that's always a part of psu that's stumped me a little bit

Comment

tbh dude i would pick from those last 2 psu based on colour theme for the rest of the build, red or blue.
              "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
              Plato

Comment

so what does that mean in layman's terms?

Comment

Hmm how does the GS800 fair against the TX750 for the same price? I've always held the TX range in very high regard
                  --
                  Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Single rail means all the power everywhere.

Multi rail means individual cables have individual limits.

With the multi rail ones you will likely have 4x 12v rails like so.

12v1 pcie 1
                    12v2 pcie 2
                    12v3 molex+sata
                    12v4 another of one of the above

It usually isn't hard to sort out rails but you tend to always loose out as the rails are just a bit more than you need on pcie but less than you need on molex or vice versa. Single rail they all take from the same place so no worries.

Comment

that's good as I'm hoping for this to power my new setup of a 6100fx clocked to at least 4.7, 2 asus 6850's at 1ghz in crossfire and a XSPC X2O 750 water cooling loop

Comment

Another vote for Corsair. Never been more please with a PSU than the one I have now. Super quiet too!
                        i7 3770K @ 3.5Ghz (to overclock) Noctua NH-D14 Cooler Gigabyte Z77X-D3H 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP @ 1600Mhz 2 x KFA2 670 OC 4GB (SLI) 2 x 256GB & 1 x 64GB Crucial M4 SSD Corsair TX 850w Antec P182 W7 Professional 64 27" Yamakasi Catleap 2560 x 1440 Asus Xonar DX Alesis M1 Active 520

Comment

so you reckon the corsair will power all that with room to spare?

Comment

Originally posted by Insanityincluded View Post
                            so you reckon the corsair will power all that with room to spare?
                            A good 650 would handle 2 6850s so the corsair will be fine
                            Originally posted by jointhedotz
                            I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

in that case I'll probably get corsair. Seems like the best one to get

Comment

Working...
                              X