Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Draw Calculator

Hi all,

Is there any software I can use to calculate the power draw of my system in realtime? HWMonitor tells me how much my CPU pulls and I know that my GPU pulls 30watts max but I'm clueless about everything else like fans and ODD's
    {Insert witty comment here}

Wait just actually read what you said, sarcasm withdrawn.
    Originally posted by jointhedotz
    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

Originally posted by dunc View Post
      Hi all,

Is there any software I can use to calculate the power draw of my system in realtime? HWMonitor tells me how much my CPU pulls and I know that my GPU pulls 30watts max but I'm clueless about everything else like fans and ODD's
      Unfortunately a software only solution isn't possible... if you really want to know you'd be better off with a hardware power meter, or guesstimating based on totalling up individual component power draw.

Also I'd be surprised if your GPU pulled only 30W, sure you don't mean 300 ?

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
      Wait just actually read what you said, sarcasm withdrawn.
      Not really what the OP was asking
      --
      Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

It's a 6450

Also, it would be interesting to know what Chaz said, I didn't see
        {Insert witty comment here}

Comment

Originally posted by dunc View Post
          It's a 6450

Also, it would be interesting to know what Chaz said, I didn't see
          It was the sarcastic version of telling you to google for "psu calculator"
          --
          Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

The only way you could do it afaik would be to use a pass through current monitor plug into the mains, no software option would work really. Or you could use one of those psu calculators and just subtract your cpu and gpu from the number it gives you to get a rough idea.
            Last edited by Chaz; 17-05-12, 07:17.
            Originally posted by jointhedotz
            I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

Yeh I hav one. Maplins sell them and you would be surprised how much power things use!
              Intel i5 4670k | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | G-skill Sniper 8gb | EVGA ​670 FTW + KFA 670 EX OC | Crucial M4 128gb | Noctua NH-D14| Silverstone Raven 2| Corsair tx 650w

Comment

just post your spec on here, its not hard to give a rough guess within 50W.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by Supermoose View Post
                  Yeh I hav one. Maplins sell them and you would be surprised how much power things use!
                  i have one from maplins too, i was surprised how little power mine used

Comment

Working...
                  X