OCZ PSUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCZ PSUs

I've got a 700w OCZ Modxstream psu but have heard that they are quite unreliable. Is this true and is it worth selling and getting a corsair?

P.S the psu is still sealed and therefore unused

Thanks

Personally I would get a Corsair one yes but you my find the OCZ one will meet your needs fine.
    As for their reliability I can't say as I've only ever owned Corsair.

TTL doesn't like OCZs PSUs much AFAIK and he's well qualified
    I5 2500K @ 4.7GHz| Maximus IV Extreme | 8GB Predator DDR3 | Crossfire Radeon 5850| BeQuiet! L8 630W | Corsair 700D
    Razer Lachesis | Razer Black Widow

Comment

Doesn't mean they're no good though
      Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

If it's brand new and recently bought, you could send it back under DSR and get a different unit such as Corsair or XFX.

It comes down to money though... you pay for quality... the OCZ Modxstream is certainly not a bad unit, and far better than generic power supplies, but it's not one of the best.

It's good enough but only you can decide if it's worth upgrading as it's your money
        --
        Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

OCZ aren't the best but they're not cheapo either, all depends on where you want to spend your money in your rig.
          Originally posted by jointhedotz
          I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

Thanks will look into it all

Comment

The ModXstream Pro 500w and up are decen't.

The Corsair AX series are awesome IIRC they are Seasonic OEM.

Comment

I prefer the OCZ PSUs to the Corsair CX Builder series, but the other Corsair series are better.

Comment

Originally posted by JustJoe View Post
                  The ModXstream Pro 500w and up are decen't.

The Corsair AX series are awesome IIRC they are Seasonic OEM.
                  Indeed, the TX V2's are Seasonic too. If you can return it for a refund/exchange get a Corsair TX/HX/AX series PSU.
                  CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

Unfortunately I cannot return the psu as i have had it since february so will probably sell it in the near future

Comment

OCZ really makes some quality PSU's. I haven't heard of them being unreliable I'd say keep it. Corsair surely of good quality

Comment

Originally posted by NIDAN17 View Post
                        I've got a 700w OCZ Modxstream psu but have heard that they are quite unreliable. Is this true and is it worth selling and getting a corsair?

P.S the psu is still sealed and therefore unused

Thanks
                        i have had the very same one only 600W and i have had that for over 5 years, runing the system in my sig, still working now got a new OCZ 750W 80+ now, all the branded ones you can get are good imo, had a corsair one once too, no probs with that either, to much hype on certain brands, but each to there own

Comment

In my experience OCZ PSUs are among the most reliable, the only downside to them is that they are not the quietest.
                          It does bug me a bit now and again when people rave about all Corsair PSUs being the best, as whilst their premium ranges are great, I've found their budget CX series to be very hit and miss.

Comment

Ocz psu's are good, Im sporting there zx 1250w at the moment.

Only thing with the series I have is that they are prone to coil whine, but I have had this one for a while and ran all sorts of stuff off it like, high power peltiers, multiple video cards and so on, all with out a single squeak

Comment

I've decided to keep and use my OCZ psu. Its been working fine now for a couple of weeks and have had no problems except the 8-pin wire was far to short to route round the back of the case so have had to put it across the front of the mobo

Comment

Working...
                              X