No announcement yet.

OCZ ZT 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it is worth. I have one of their ZX range PSUs here. Supposed to be GOLD rated, 1250w, the lot. The one which was discontinued after a few months...

Guess what?

It popped.
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

OK, so tonight we've had the heating on in the house, and I've been playing games (I know, twice in one week).

PSU fan is driving me nuts
      Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
      Forum Guidelines here

Comment

OCZ don't appear to be having much success, do they?

When are you going to replace that PSU, DT?
        ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
          OK, so tonight we've had the heating on in the house, and I've been playing games (I know, twice in one week).

PSU fan is driving me nuts
          I'd send it back and get this PSU instead mate:

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=43906
          CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
            OCZ don't appear to be having much success, do they?

When are you going to replace that PSU, DT?
            going to try mounting it in the top of the case first, as the actual power it supplies is spot on, they've just put in a poor (noisy) fan. I must be so close to the temp limits ....
            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

i have just bought a el cheapo PSU to put in my PC 26 as the sound is driving me crazy .
              can i send the OCZ back to Aria ? as am not happy with it ? obviously i realize i will lose some money off the price
              AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1.,,Cooler Master Hyper TX 3,,,Sapphire PURE Crossfire X 790GX,,8 gig OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Gold GX XTC Dual Channel,,OCZ agility 120 SSD, 1 TB Samsung spinpoint, 2 x XFX 6870,s crossfire , Cooler-master storm ,Case
              Razer Arctosa KB, CM storm sentinal mouse ,,26" iiyama 1080p,Windows 7 64bit

Comment

OCZ powersupples make good door stops

Comment

the sun comes out, the temps go up and now mine is constantly at 100%, full wind tunnel mode

Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Mine isn't that loud?

You're all Mello-dramatic!
                    The North will never forget!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
                      the sun comes out, the temps go up and now mine is constantly at 100%, full wind tunnel mode

Hmm, tbh mate I'd just return it/rma, sell the replacement and buy something better. Glad I can't hear mine, super silent even under load
                      CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

I recently got the 750W OCZ ZT and omg it's loud! My last pc was really quiet even under load and I am starting to miss the quietness. With my new case, the CM Storm Trooper, I can only fit the PSU to the bottom of the case but I don't think it would make much difference at the top anyway. Once it spins up it's loud! I will try and save for the Corsair AX 750.

Comment

I replaced my ZT 750 with a Corsair due to the noise. The fan was really loud when gaming. I emailed OCZ and they said as the fan is load controlled and not temperature controlled it will be louder under use and it was normal. My Corsair is silent even under heavy load.
                          Xbox Gamertag - F1REFOX, PSN & Steam - moogleys

Comment

my ZT 750 is now a doorstop,the FSP I got from the Aria clearance under load is nice and quiet - enjoyable gaming is back
                            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
                              Not that i knew this about this issue then, but i seem to recall me getting hammered in a thread by a couple of people for saying these PSU were junk, OCZ are cheap end of, the previous range they had were EOL a few months after release as they were crappola.
                              Not a fan of OCZ PSUs myself, though I do like their RMA guys.
                              Bought a sold-as-seen, brand new looking Stealth X-Stream 800 for 5 at a Croydon computer fair, which turned out to be dud. Contacted OCZ RMA guys and, because it was manufactured within their warranty period, they authorised RMA. I hadn't heard from them after about three weeks after courier tracking said it had been delivered, so I contacted them again. They looked into it and a few days later a new replacement turned up. Then another replacement turned up the next day. Lovely guys! LOL

Trouble was, they didn't last. Less than a year later one was dead and the other's LED is amber, not green, but appears to function OK - that one's in the cupboard as a last-resort spare. I didn't want to bother chancing my arm with their RMA again so took the hit.

In the meantime, my daughter's PSU had failed, over the weekend so I went to PC World for emergency replacement, a Stealth X-Stream for about 50. This also soon failed so I had them replace it with an Antec 400 (all reviews agree they're grrrreat!) off their shelf.

My Thermaltake Toughpower failed on my main PC on another goddarned Sunday so it's another Antec for me. Love Antec stuff.
                              Last edited by ChewieUK; 10-06-12, 14:09. Reason: sppelllung
                              On-site PC, laptop and iPhone repairs in Coulsdon, Croydon, Sutton and surrounding areas
                              Chewie's IT Services

M5A99X-EVO | Phenom II 965BE | Hyper 212+ | 2x 4Gb Geil 1600MHz | HD5770 | 120GB Agility3 + 1TB + 640GB + 500GB HDDs | HAF932 Advanced

Comment

I've just had one of these, no problems with it so.

It replaced my trusty Jeantech Absolute 1000w PSU that I run for 5 years without even breaking a sweat and was a bargain at 110 that I payed for it back in the day.

Join the fan page -
                                https://www.facebook.com/SubZeroPcCooling

Comment

Working...
                                X