Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't read properly and only voted for one. What a douche.

So, in addition to my vote for BeQuiet, can you add corsair and antec for me?
    Originally posted by coiler
    the trails is where life flows best
    Originally posted by coiler
    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

PC Power & Cooling - Turbo Cool Series, the Sillencer Series are slightly more OCZ influenced, and not as good i don't think! (this is my personal fav, however may not sell all that well, but if paying top end prices for 860watt (ish) PSU's i want a top quality unit not just a wattage cranked budget unit)

So for the purpose of the Poll.....

Corsair has got to be in there, because they are simply good and i bet sell well.

Seasonic generally good solid cost effective units, with a good history of stability

Antec in picking this one i'm looking at progress, and antec have been making some good changes to their ranges, and make solid units as well as powerful units.

Picking 3 were not so easy from that list, and then their are those that will look at the single vs multi rail option, and i think i have a good mix there, Corsair use a hybred single design if i remember correctly, whereas Antec are multi rail dedicated

Despite picking those three in the poll, my personal prefference remains PC Power & Cooling, i'm just not sure how much of that expertise has filtered through to OCZ or been heeded, as they still seem hell bent on advertising things as silent or quiet, when quite obviously they will not be !! and marketting gimmicks to gain attention, PC P&C always had a simple approach, plain box, emphasis on stability, even at the cost of a little extra noise sometimes. Although those are not as likely to sell as well

Added after 3 minutes:

The biggest problem as i see it is to be able to keep the range down, whilst still being able to provide an option to cover most pockets, my choices are going to give you similar prices....... not ideal for you
      Last edited by Gunslinger; 26-02-11, 16:00. Reason: Auto edit by merge post

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
      - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

The Zalman ZM-750HP i have at the moment is the best psu i have ever had. It's reliable, efficient and very quiet.

Second would be Enermax. Their new ranges are very good. I have a 385w Pro 82+ powering my second rig and it has'nt missed a beat.

Third i would say Antec. The new Truepower modular psu's are excellent units and even their budget range is half decent.
        i5-4670k@4.5Ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero, 16GB Samsung Green 2133Mhz@9-10-10-21/1N, Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD, Crucial M500 240GB SSD, 1TB Hitachi 7K1000C, Seasonic G series 750w, EVGA GTX780 FTW ACX Watercooling / Pump 2x AquaXtreme 50z / CPU EK Supreme HF / GPU XSPC Rasa VGA / 25cm XSPC Passive res / Rads, Thermochill PA120.3 + CG360

Comment

Corsair

Seasonic

Antec

MSI Z77A-GD65 | i5 3570k | 8GB Mushkin Blackline | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo | 2TB WD Black | MSI 660ti Power Edition | Zalman Z11 Plus

Comment

Not overly fussed.

Currently using a couple of OCZ Xstream PSU's, and can't complain about them!

Comment

Seasonic(if i could afford it)corsair-colermaster

Comment

defo corsair
                enermax have some really good top end power supplies
                ocz tend to have decent mid range supplies.

I do like the look of my inwin commander!
                Main Rig:- A case with a Windows phone inside, can you call that a PC?

Comment

No Mushkin?
                  Play3r | News, Reviews & Competitions

Comment

They are relatively new, and were not very well advertised (if they were even available) when the poll was created (still can't believe original poster missed off PC Power and Cooling!)

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"

Comment

Corsair and CoolerMaster joint 1st. I've owned a Corsair from pretty much every power bracket (HX450, TX750, HX850, TX950) and every single one has been faultless.

CoolerMaster's RealPower and SilentPower series are both fantastic aswell, again owned everything from 500W to 850W and never did 1 skip a heartbeat (even when powering a 9800GX2 SLI rig for a short time).

Not sure what to put 3rd as I cant remember the last time I had a PSU not from the above manufactures.

I guess PC P&C get a vote for having one of the most robust reputations in the field.

Comment

Be Quiet, Corsair, Antec

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Propane View Post
                          I guess PC P&C get a vote for having one of the most robust reputations in the field.
                          lol .... understatement of the day

Comment

hmm looks like i picked the winning ones corsair ocz an seasonic
                            Gigabyte Z77-UP7 : Intel Core i7 3770k @4.2ghz : 16GB Kingston Corsair Vengence 1800mhz : Mushkin 480GB Cronons + OCZ 120GB Vertex 2E SSD : 640GB WD : Corsair HX 850W : GTX Blackice 360 rad Rasa CPU block: Gigabyte R9 290: Coolermaster HAF X :Logitech G15 + G500

Comment

I went with Corsair, Seasonic and XFX. XFX because they make a cloned Seasonic 850 that is 2/3 of the price of the real Seasonic 850.

Comment

Corsair - perfect combination of range, performance, reliability and presentation

www.lab-media.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X