Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 for OCZ RMA service. My 780W Modular died just before the new year. Shipped it back to holland and they replaced it with a OCZ Z Series 850W Gold Modular (Very happy!!) as my original PSU was discontinued. The slowest part of the RMA was on my part as shipping it to hollland would have been 30 on a courier so had to opt for regular. Once they had received, the unit was tested, found faulty & a replacement shipped out same day and took less than 4 working days to arrive back in the UK. Lots of good email updates and feedback from the RMA status and even the shippnig courier.
    Time is but an element that needs to be controlled.
    Come get your Free 7 day Rift Trial join me on Icewatch!

Comment

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Power+Supplies/?x=12&p_brand=671&p=cF9zdHlsZT0mcF9wcm9kdWN0c1Blcl BhZ2U9Jg==

TheOBLONG

Lian Li PC-V355A Silver w/ 2x Noctua NF-S12A FLX & 1x Noctua NF-R8 | i7-3930K OC @ 4.20GHz w/ Noctua NH-L12 | MSI X79MA-GD45 | MSI HAWK GTX 760 OC | 32GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1866MHz CL10 | 4x 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 460W Seasonic X-460FL Fanless| Sound Blaster Z | 450Mbps Dual Band Wi-Fi | Samsung Blu-ray | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Add my Steam: _rawz
      Add my Origin: RawZ050

Comment

Damn they're expensive lol. Look guuurd though.
        Gaming PC:i5 2500k|MSI Mpower Z77 | Kingston HyperX Grey 8GB 1600MHZ | ThermalTake Frio | MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III 2GB Crossfire | Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD | XFX Pro 850W Modular PSU | Corsair 600t Case

Comment

Had a nice Zalman 650-HP jobby for about 3 years there...just died on me a month back :-(, was great while it lasted!...off topic but does anyone know where you can get them repaired??

SeaSonic and Enermax seem to be pretty dang solid ;-).

Comment

I am using corsair in my daughters pc still going strong and the first psu corsair released so its well old now. and coolermaster in my pc and the coolermaster pro silent is the queitest PSU I have used.

Seasonic has a 80+gold psu design simular to corsairs for their 80+gold psu DC to DC. Cosair psu's are manufactured by OEM supplier channel well technologies with reviews pointing to fan noise on the AX1200 when pushed hard and I can't believe cosair have used a 120mm fan on their AX850 unit, says fan noise to me straight away and why are have cosair going back to a noiser 120mm fan from 140mm fan? Looked at the HX850 but not completely sold on it and I am leaning towards seasonic but they are more expensive for their 80+gold psu.

I will never use OCZ psu's again, had 2 burn out one within 6 months and the other within a couple of years, OCZ said rma it to them, a big problem because it needs to be sent holland with the postage costing as much as the psu cost in the first place. They agreed to pay postage on one psu but the other one it wasn't worth the hassle.
            Last edited by Devils-Blood; 30-01-11, 21:39.

Comment

Corsair, Coolermaster, XFX .. never used any of the others.

As an aside, whatever happened to Hiper? Most of my early rigs were powered with Hiper PSUs and I always found them pretty solid units. Not had one die on me as yet, and some of those that are still in use are 3+ years old and still powering 24/7.

Comment

Had my Corsair for nearly 3 years now, love it!

Project Antec 900

Comment

If I was choosing a PSU I would keep to these two brands.

Corsair for length of Warranty i.e. 7 years.

Seasonic for UK Warranty via http://www.nanopoint.co.uk/
                  i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz MSI Z77 MPower G.Skill Trident 8GB 2400C10
                  MSI GTX 970 4GB Gaming Edition @ 1542/7516 Corsair HX 750 PSU
                  Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Creative ZxR Thermalright Silver Arrow
                  NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT Cooler Master HAF X

Comment

XFX black edition.
                    THE BEST IS YET TO COME
                    ASUS CH4F|1055T @ 3.5GHz| 4GB MUSHKIN BLACKLINE|64GB KINGSTON SSD V100| 500GB SS| TITAN FENRIR| Win7 64BIT| XFX XXX 5770

Comment

Had my Corsair HX620W for nearly 5 years now, just as good as the day I bought it. Seemed silly at the time paying 100 for that size of a power supply, but its an awesome investment. They hold their value nicely too.

i7 920 @ 3.8ghz | P6X58D-E | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | 2 x GTX 560Ti | 3D Ready

Comment

It would be ANTEC for me, I once got them to replace my 3 year old faulty PSU for free, even though it passed its warranty by 1 month.

Moreover, I dont need to send it anywhere, just need to show them that I have cut out the power cable

Comment

Originally posted by lucas4 View Post
                          it looks like u should just stock anything that is built by seasonic, then decide on the others !
                          agree.

Corsair Ax750/850 + old Hx620/520
                          Antec TruePower New
                          XFX
                          what else are made by Seasonic?

and i also chose Enermax for their excellent range of PSU. if not Seasonic, i'd go for Enermax.
                          i7 2700k \ 16GB \ GTX 970 \ D2x \ Z68x-UD5 \ m4 128GB +2TB \ S12G-550 \ FT02-RW \ G15+G5+G51 \ U2711
                          X100 \ X-E2 \ 10-24 \ 55-200 \ 18/2 \ 60/2.4 \ Yn560 \ X1.1a \ Hadley Pro -- Photostreamr

Comment

Ocz stealthX 600w ftw

Comment

Antec TruePower 650W. I had a Corsair HX620W, but I thought it may have been going faulty (turned out not to be), so I replaced it.

Comment

Arianet PSU

Has anyone try 750W Arianet Black Series Silent ATX2.2 Power Supply? how is it ? Does is make a lot of noise ? that 's what I worry.

Comment

Working...
                                X