Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have had for the last few years an OCZ SXS 600w PSU, it has been awesome. Unfortunately with my new upgrades it wont be strong enough, but I will hopefully sell it and get some money for it.
    GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

• Corsair definitely, I have a 450w VX series.
      Brilliant, has a lifetime warranty I believe? Never had any trouble with it whatsoever.
      I5 2500K @ 4.7GHz| Maximus IV Extreme | 8GB Predator DDR3 | Crossfire Radeon 5850| BeQuiet! L8 630W | Corsair 700D
      Razer Lachesis | Razer Black Widow

Comment

• OCZ.

Got a BeQuiet will see how reliable that lasts, should hope for at least 6 years, but only 2-3 year warranty. We shall see.
        General: i5 2500K@4Ghz|Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3|8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600|Samsung F4s|Zotac GTX660 OC|BeQuiet PurePower 630w|Samson R5A|
        Audio: C2Q Q9650@3.4Ghz|Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G|2GB OCZ Platinum|Seagate|7300GS Passive|EMU 1820M|BeQuiet modded PSU|Adam A7X (On finance!)

Comment

• Enermax, shame they are expensive. Corsair and XFX are good as well.
          i7 3770K + Phanteks PH-TC14PE Black | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Vengeance LP Arctic White | GTX670 4GB | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | BeQuiet 850W PSU | Silverstone RV02-E White | Dell U3011 30" |

Comment

• I've been running a 750W OCZ Fatal1ty for about 18 months, never had an issue with it in of itself, but I've found with a lot of their modular line the cables are sometimes a bit short. Plus all the connectors seem orientated for a top mounted PSU.

OCZ are the most common choice for most of the budget and mid-range builds I do though.

Corsair I find are a must for the really high end builds, up at the 1K+ end their power output seems to be a bit cleaner than any other I've tried.

Only done one build with a BeQuiet so far, I've been fairly impressed but its early days yet. Ask me again in 6 months once the machine has been thrashed a bit

Comment

• Well im thinking it has to be Seasonic, i have never owned on, but i have owned ones they make for other brands like

Antec
              Corsair
              Nxzt
              and no doubt many more

But from ones that i have owned the for me;
              OCZ, best value for money for anyone on a budget, you wont go far wrong if you dont overclock to the extream
              Corsair worth the extra for the 7 year warranty cant be bad, and there better ones made by Seasonic
              Hyper have always been good value too and found them to be rock solid
              Last edited by TAZ007; 31-03-13, 10:20.

Comment

• beQuiet,
                Good for powering a PC to read Epic bumps
                Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
                Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

• Corsair are my faves so far, but XFX and Seasonic are a close second

(XFX are Seasonics right?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacksb4 View Post
                    Corsair definitely, I have a 450w VX series.
                    Brilliant, has a lifetime warranty I believe? Never had any trouble with it whatsoever.
                    VX have 5 years according to this: http://www.corsair.com/support/warranty/ (Scroll down to Power Supplies.) That is pretty decent for a lower end unit.

No PSU maker in the UK offers a lifetime warranty, Corsairs HX and AX are 7 years which is very good and then for Corsair it is a sliding scale with 5 years for their midrange PSUs and 3 for their value stuff.
                    i7 3770K + Phanteks PH-TC14PE Black | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Vengeance LP Arctic White | GTX670 4GB | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | BeQuiet 850W PSU | Silverstone RV02-E White | Dell U3011 30" |

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
                      No PSU maker in the UK offers a lifetime warranty
                      i wasnt aware any psu's had lifetime warranty - what brands are those then?

Comment

• Originally posted by greecean View Post
                        i wasnt aware any psu's had lifetime warranty - what brands are those then?
                        Off hand I don't know but I'd assume BFG might of done before they went under, or OCZ, both for US customers only.

Comment

• I always liked Hiper .. all my self-builds used their PSUs and are still powering away no bother in 2-6yr old systems.

Shame they went belly up

Comment

• I've choosen Corsair, OCZ and Silverstone...

I have two AX1200 units and both I can not fault at all. I have had OCZ and Silverstone units in the past and now I'm looking at different setups my needs and requirements are changing. I've recently just bought a 530w L8 Be Quiet unit, so I'll be interested in finding out what that is like. I'm still looking for lower powered units (around 300w) but there seems to be very few around with that meet my requirements. I'm also looking for a few other units as well, so I will be interested in finding out some alternate models

I hear nothing but good comments/experiences with Enermax and I think back some years ago I did have one!

I can't say I was impressed with PC Power and Cooling units as I had two 1200w models and they both went bang.. The RMA process was good (even though admittedly one took 8 months to get a replacement for but the gent I was dealing with left!!) but I wouldn't have another or recommend one either.. I think they are a bit over priced and some what unrealiable

Comment

• Tagan for me, never had problems, been using these for about 8 years.

Comment

• It looks like corsair is a leader of the PSU. I have an experience with a reclaim for this brand. It wasn't too bad, I get a new one in the very well sealed package. But one bad thing is the cost to send it to Netherland for 22.00 that's question me should Corsair pay or cover it? But over all I satisfy with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X