• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan
    started a topic Computer Power Dead

Computer Power Dead

Hi,

This morning i turned the power socket on that powers my computer and the entire upstairs power went off.
    I heard a loud bang when i flipped the switch on. I immediately turned the socket switch off and pressed the 0 switch at the back of my computer
    where the power supply is.

My brother fixed the power for upstairs by reseting the entire mains i think. ( i went out at the time )

I came back home and plugged my extension into a different socket because the one i normally used made the loud bang and caused the power for the upstairs to turn off. I then turned the power to the socket on and the extension lead light came on. i plugged my computer cables in one by one to the extension and that was fine. At this point the back of the computer power supply switch was set to 0. I switched it to 1 and again the entire power for the upstairs turned off.

Now after getting the power to upstairs back on for the second time, my computer wont power on.

Ive tried using a different power supply cable but it won't work.

What happend here and is my power supply dead ?( ive had it for only 1 year).

thank you
    Last edited by Khan; 02-02-19, 14:40.

• wonderlust
    replied
    Originally posted by Khan View Post
    I was refering to the warranty with aria I got the warranty information from going to my order history and retrying to make a return request.

It brings me to a page which says the following.

" Order Out of Warranty

The warranty period of this order with Aria has passed. Please arrange return of items directly with the manufacturers.

"

It's a long process to send my PSU to the manufactor and get them to send one back out to me or fix it. Its 2 years old so ive decided to buy a new one.
    That's why I said to contact Aria, whilst the PC may well be out of warranty the PSU they installed isn't.

Not only that onder consumer law you have rights upto 6 years from purchase.

Leave a comment:

• scrivz69
    replied
    I would get the new one fitted and then RMA the old one direct to Corsair if the PSU turns out to be the problem. When they sort it you will have a spare or you can just sell it.

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    I was refering to the warranty with aria I got the warranty information from going to my order history and retrying to make a return request.

It brings me to a page which says the following.

" Order Out of Warranty

The warranty period of this order with Aria has passed. Please arrange return of items directly with the manufacturers.

"

It's a long process to send my PSU to the manufactor and get them to send one back out to me or fix it. Its 2 years old so ive decided to buy a new one.

Leave a comment:

• wonderlust
    replied
    I am not sure where you are getting the warranty info from...

RMi Series™ PSUs have a 10 year warranty

direct from Coirsar's site

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/warranty

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    I just checked the power supply is out of warranty.

What are my options now?

Like i mentioned i have a new power supply coming on Monday. Can anyone recommend a place i can take my desktop and power supply to have someone fit the new powersupply into my desktop and diagnose anything else if needed.

I live in Manchester.
    Last edited by Khan; 02-02-19, 16:38.

Leave a comment:

• wonderlust
    replied
    Check with Aria as the RM series have a long warranty on them.

Leave a comment:

• Khan
    replied
    wonderlust

powersupply : corsair rm850i

i got this back in may 2017 and it was fitted by aria after my previous power supply failed.

I ordered a new power supply i went with the same one, it will arrive on Monday. But don't know how to fit it into my computer, my computer does not have warranty with aria anymore.

Leave a comment:

• wonderlust
    replied
    Hi

Certainly sounds like a posibility,

What make/model is the power supply?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X