PCI-e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI-e

my power unit has 2 pci-e connectors i was wondering if i got another card could i use a splitter on these connectors to make 2 more?

thx lee
    Intel Core i5-6600K 3.50GHz (Skylake), Asus Z170-A Intel Skylake SLi/CrossFire ATX Motherboard, Corsair 8GB DDR4 Red Vengeance LPX 2400MHz, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO Series M.2 SATA 6Gbps SSD,Corsair Hydro H80i GT, Corsair TX850 PSU, Fractal Design Define R5 White Quiet Performance

No, but you *can* run them off molex. Ideally you should get a PSU which is up to the job with these already connected.
    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

depends what connectors they are.

8pin is 150W
      6pin is 75W

if you can find the cable you can split a 8pin in to 2 6 pins safely.
      Thermaltake Element s - Q6600 @ 3.6ghz @ 1.48V - Corsair H50 - 6GB RAM - GTX260 192Core @ 729/1458/1224 - ATI 3450 - Biostar Tpower I45 - Corsair Force 60GB SSD - Samsung f3 500GB apps - Xigmatek 700W NRP-PC702 - 3x 17inch screens - windows 7 64bit

Comment

nope, you cant. but if you have enough molex you can use an adaptor on them. Just make sure your psu is strong enough to run 2 graphic cards

Comment

run 1 pci e power to each then make the 2nd(s) up from molex
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
            run 1 pci e power to each then make the 2nd(s) up from molex
            exactly what i did
            Is my new Kingston flash drive on drugs?

i

Comment

Working...
            X