Sleep/hibernate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep/hibernate

i was wondering which mode alows programs to still run whilst in low power mode
    for example which mode would alow me to have a program running and not have to worry about pc pausing the prog or aborting it.

trying to save some frickin trees here
    Intel Core i5-6600K 3.50GHz (Skylake), Asus Z170-A Intel Skylake SLi/CrossFire ATX Motherboard, Corsair 8GB DDR4 Red Vengeance LPX 2400MHz, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO Series M.2 SATA 6Gbps SSD,Corsair Hydro H80i GT, Corsair TX850 PSU, Fractal Design Define R5 White Quiet Performance

I don't think any programs actively run whilst sleeping/hibernating.

Hibernating saves more trees, as you put it . But I use sleep.

Comment

hibernate saves the state to the hard drive then shuts down so you can resume your session as it was before hand.

sleep put it into a low power state, not off, but close enough. this just allows an instant on feel to it.

neither allows programs to run while sleeping/hibernating

Comment

Turn monitor off after XX mins?

Comment

If you have certain Asus boards they come with software to do just this. However I have found on resuming, the system BSODs. AI Nap they call it.
          My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

ahh cool thx guys screw the trees for now
            Intel Core i5-6600K 3.50GHz (Skylake), Asus Z170-A Intel Skylake SLi/CrossFire ATX Motherboard, Corsair 8GB DDR4 Red Vengeance LPX 2400MHz, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO Series M.2 SATA 6Gbps SSD,Corsair Hydro H80i GT, Corsair TX850 PSU, Fractal Design Define R5 White Quiet Performance

Comment

Working...
            X