Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Power Supply - Recommendations

Hi there,
    I need to buy myself a good psu soon and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations around the 600/650W range.
    A modular power supply would be a big plus however is not absolutely vital.

*Swoops in with cape and ship on chest*

Corssssair!

Fanboy leaves.....
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Haha, forgot to add - I don't want to spend a fortune on it.

Comment

OCZ then... You make Corsair Fanboy cry
        Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

I have the 650W XFX PSU and highly recommend it.
          Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
          Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

These are the two cheapest 600-650w modular power supplies other than Arianet stuff, I'm not sure what the Arianet stuff is like to be honest. Both of these are good though. Obviously you pay a premium for a modular PSU but think of the better airflow with less cables hanging around

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=33612

or

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=40313

Comment

Originally posted by llawwehttam View Post
              I have the 650W XFX PSU and highly recommend it.
              +1 I also recommend it, it's a great power supply.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=39858
              CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

A friend of mine said about the xfx one too so it will certainly be worth a look at when the time comes...

Just waiting to get some money for it at the moment.

Comment

I don't trust ocz PSU's but antec ones are supposed to be ok
                  Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
                  Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

I have heard from a mate(who reads everything about all the new stuff) that OCZ have been a little shoddy of late compared to how they have been in the past but I can't say that with any personal experience, they have always been OK for me, having said that, the last OCZ stuff I had was DDR memory about 3 or 4 years ago, still works fine today.

Comment

I bought some OCZ ddr ram ages ago and it works great! I agree it seems to be their new stuff that is lower quality.

Comment

I have ocz ram in my computer that I bought a while ago.
                        Shame if ocz as a whole is starting to go downhill.

Comment

After trying a Corsair psu for the first time a few months ago I would have to recommend them excellent quality and performance.
                          Asus Maximus VII Hero/Intel i7 4770k/32GB RipjawX/
                          ROG Matrix 290X-P/SuperFlower Platinum 1000watt/
                          Crucial M500 240GB/3x3TB WD Blue 6gbs/Asus 24x DVDRW/
                          SBlaster Zx/Phanteks Enthoo Luxe/Iiyama E2773HDS/Lokstor M51 5.25 HDD Bay

Comment

Originally posted by conoflex View Post
                            After trying a Corsair psu for the first time a few months ago I would have to recommend them excellent quality and performance.
                            +1

Comment

It would appear the Arianet 650W Modular PSU is a Powercool.

Other sites seem to sell it for prices ranging from mid 40's to late 50's.

The figures given for it seem to suggest 520W of the 650 is assigned to the 12v rails - so 43W total.

I probably wouldnt run high end graphics cards on it, but it could do for a budget modular unit for a mid range machine.
                              Removed my picture as I have now sold it all

Comment

Working...
                              X