Arianet Stealth 500W + Compaq Presario

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arianet Stealth 500W + Compaq Presario

The Bestec 300W PSU in my 15 month old Compaq Presario SR5722UK is making ominous noises and I suspect I am overloading it. The PC is not quite as I bought it it still has the Athlon 64 X2 dual core 5000+ 2.6GHz processor and the 320MB HDD but it has 4GB RAM, the primary HDD is 2TB and the graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 7600GT. It has also only ever had Windows 7 64-bit OS. Has anyone fitted an Arianet Stealth 500W ATX power supply into a Presario like mine, is it likely to be an improvement and what is the 12V output?

You bought a Compaq, expect it to make funny noises

I wouldn't get an Arianet PSU personally. They're generic power units and would probably have a high failure rate.

I'd recommend this:

https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...roductId=39205

Best bang for buck PSU on the market.

I doubt your overloading the PSU - it's just rubbish and is on it's way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Toonshorty View Post
      You bought a Compaq, expect it to make funny noises

I wouldn't get an Arianet PSU personally. They're generic power units and would probably have a high failure rate.

I'd recommend this:

https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...roductId=39205

Best bang for buck PSU on the market.

I doubt your overloading the PSU - it's just rubbish and is on it's way out.
      I'd go with this psu

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=34003
      CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

Originally posted by Zaim View Post
        Why?

The OCZ 400W is actually built with higher quality components than the Corsair

From the 450VX up though Corsair are better.

Comment

Why?

lol was meant to put "or this"
          CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

I'd fully expect the Arianet PSU to cope with your components, but measure first as some of the compaqs, dells etc of this world don't use standard ATX sized power supplies.

DT.
            Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Why?

I've got to disagree here like.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                I've got to disagree here like.
                Oh.

I always thought the Corsair was better but I remember a bunch of people from these forums telling me the OCZ was the better PSU.

Comment

Only because some can achieve an 80plus silver rating (unintentionally) and the Corsair is 80plus.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

I'd still go with the Corsair .

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      I'd still go with the Corsair .
                      +1 I agree mate.

Comment

as this is the OP first post and attempt at a thread, if we could just offer advice and no fanbio-ness, that would be nice

DT.
                        Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                        Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Oh.

I always thought the Corsair was better but I remember a bunch of people from these forums telling me the OCZ was the better PSU.

nothing to do with ocz or corsair its who actually made it, from reviews the corsair is built by seasonic as most are and its got a more stable effeciency whereas on the ocz it drops all the sudden, look at reviews, they both have stable voltages though. just get any of them there roughly the same corsair has a longer warranty i think.
                          AMD X2 550 @ 3.8GHz - - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO - - ASUS 5770 - - 6GB RAM - - 250GB WD (OS), 1TB Samsung F3, 1TB Hitachi.

Comment

Originally posted by ignatiusdragon View Post
                            The Bestec 300W PSU in my 15 month old Compaq Presario SR5722UK is making ominous noises and I suspect I am overloading it. The PC is not quite as I bought it it still has the Athlon 64 X2 dual core 5000+ 2.6GHz processor and the 320MB HDD but it has 4GB RAM, the primary HDD is 2TB and the graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 7600GT. It has also only ever had Windows 7 64-bit OS. Has anyone fitted an Arianet Stealth 500W ATX power supply into a Presario like mine, is it likely to be an improvement and what is the 12V output?
                            i used a hp psu 270w i think? its rubbish couldn't even power a 4350 gpu :L lol,
                            400w ocz will do
                            That better skywalker?

Comment

Working...
                            X