PowerCool - branded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerCool - branded?

Is PowerCool a branded psu? Reliable to power Core i5 750 plus 8400 GS?

Thanks.

By the way, which company manufacture the PowerCool psu? I can't find it website... weird...

I would go with a decent branded PSU mate if youre shelling out on an i5 setup.

The OCZ StealthXstreams are cheap.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by dtc
      By the way, which company manufacture the PowerCool psu? I can't find it website... weird...
      This may help

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/370/1
      I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
        I would go with a decent branded PSU mate if youre shelling out on an i5 setup.

The OCZ StealthXstreams are cheap.
        I wish to get the OCZ 500W unit... but it has only SATA power connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by dtc View Post
          I wish to get the OCZ 500W unit... but it has only SATA power connectors.
          What do you mean?

3 sata, 4 molex, 1 floppy, 1 6 pin.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/798

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
            What do you mean?

3 sata, 4 molex, 1 floppy, 1 6 pin.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/798
            Sorry... I must have mixed it up with other OCZ model. I thought it has 2X sata cable only.

Comment

Originally posted by dtc View Post
              Is PowerCool a branded psu? Reliable to power Core i5 750 plus 8400 GS?

Thanks.

Not come across them, they sound cheap.

For an Intel I5 be looking at no less than the OCZ units, anything cheaper is just silly to be honest on an expensive setup like the I5.

Comment

Powercool are very bad stay away and dont even touch with a 10foot pole

Comment

PowerCool as a brand is imported by a Tier 1 distributor which then sells these on to resellers / retailers. All warranties will and do remain with the reseller / retailer.
                  As to your question will one run your i5 system that will depend on the PSU of your choice.
                  In order to find out what PSU output would best suit your needs, it would be advisable to use a PSU calculator (http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp) or by searching on Google.

Once this is done, take a look at the output settings of the PSU you are looking to buy, example below. Also take into account that a lot of PSUs these days have more than one +12V rail, and to find the output on any particular rail you would multiply the rail voltage by the amperage (this will give you the rail output in watts). From the example below: there is two +12V rails, running 16A on each rail, so therefore the output on a single 12V rail is 12 x 16 = 192W. These are usually the max. output on the rail.

+3.3V
                  +5V
                  +12V1
                  +12V2
                  -12V
                  +5VSB
                  BLK
                  GRN
                  GRY
                  20A
                  18A
                  16A
                  16A
                  0.5A
                  2.0A
                  COM
                  PS-ON
                  PW-OK
                  156W Max
                  RETURN
                  REMOTE
                  P.G

Unfortunately with all PSUs that I have seen, they do not specify which connector is on which rail, so unfortunately you cannot guarantee that if a PSU states it will give (as per the example) 192W, that there are no other devices on this rail. For example if your graphics card required 180W on full load and you have (unknown to you) selected the rail that contains you HDD and optical drive, you may find that if your Graphics Card is put under full load, that you risk the PSU not being able to supply enough power to your graphics card.

Although your graphics card is usually not run at ‘FULL LOAD’, the lack of power to the graphics card could cause symptoms like BSD, slow running of games, and or random reboots.

Your next question are PowerCool a good brand?
                  Yes they are as long as you understand that they are only Mid to High Mid range in price and quality and it will therefore go without saying that PSUs made by the likes of Cooler Master, In-Win, Cougar and Enermax are premium branded PSUs that you will pay a lot more for.

Comment

Whilsti m sure your input is helpful and valid - The thread is 2 years old.

Please refrain from bumping old threads
                    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Working...
                    X