some good mics?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some good mics?

just bought a new headset (Sennheiser RS195) and need a mic, as it doesn't have one, grown out of the "gaming headset look" I think..

can anyone recommend a good quality mic? I've been looking at getting the Blue Yeti, although there doesn't seem to be many "reasonable" mounting options.

what do you guys recommend?

USB input or are you using an audio interface? What's your budget?

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

I'd personally just go cheap. 10-15.
      GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

my yeti has fit all but the thinnest of shock mounts. currently hanging off the end of a cheap ish boom arm.

that being said, a good set of cans and a desk mic will server you better than any "gaming" headset
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          USB input or are you using an audio interface? What's your budget?
          Don't mind if its USB or XLR, as for price obviously cheaper the better... but I'd say no more then 150 really I could go 200 odd if it made massive improvements...

I was going to get the Blue Yeti Vintage White with boom for around 120, or a LyxPro SMU-1 (it's USB) with a boom for around 50, or there is a set I've found Focusrite Scarlett Bundle, which comes with a headset which I don't need, 170 w/boom...
          Last edited by Martyn; 10-01-17, 16:50.

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
            my yeti has fit all but the thinnest of shock mounts. currently hanging off the end of a cheap ish boom arm.

that being said, a good set of cans and a desk mic will server you better than any "gaming" headset
            That's what I'm aiming to do what boom did you use for your yeti? as the yeti is a fairly chunky mic

Comment

Originally posted by BUDFORCE View Post
              I'd personally just go cheap. 10-15.
              I currently got the SteelSeries H Wireless and its quality is too nice to downgrade

Comment

not exactly sure now, but it was around 20 on amazon. swivelling arm mic boom, i think it was called, or what i searched for. 70 cm or so.
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

A nice condenser mic I use for recording is the rode m3. Can be had for about 50 and is amazing quality for the money. Not sure if that's the sort of thing you're looking for though?

Comment

A popular one is the Audio-Technica AT2020, comes in both usb and XLR I believe.

Comment

A nice condenser mic I use for recording is the rode m3. Can be had for about 50 and is amazing quality for the money. Not sure if that's the sort of thing you're looking for though?
                      its defiantly something I'll consider, but what preamp?

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                      A popular one is the Audio-Technica AT2020, comes in both usb and XLR I believe.
                      what preamp would you use?

Comment

Do you have an audio interface already?

Comment

Do you have an audio interface already?
                          No I don't

Comment

the at2020 is another great usb mic. maybe better than the yeti if you want to record more than just voice.
                            Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
                              No I don't
                              In that case, you'll get a better mic if you go for USB, imo. You can spend your whole budget on the mic, rather than splitting it between the two. Unless you want to buy and audio interface, anyway?

Comment

Working...
                              X