Non-moulded SATA Extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-moulded SATA Extension

Can anyone recommend a non-moulded SATA extension, or point out a company who makes them to order please? Can't seem to find anything other than moulded (other than multiple SATA, and I only need a single extender)... or anyone here make them?

Cheers,

R.
    PC: 4790K|H110i|Z97 Sabertooth Mk1|SLI GTX 980 SC|16 GB Beast 2400 MHz|2x850 Pro RAID0|W7|HX1000i|NZXT H440 SE|Dell U3415W|Genelec 8040a|Dacmagic Plus
    Mac Pro: Dual 6 Core X5690 Xeons|64 GB ECC|7970 Windforce 3|512 GB NVMe PCIe|2xWD Black 4 TB Raid 0|OS X 10.11.3|2x27" Apple Cinema Displays|KRK V4 Series 2

Any reason just a longer cable won't do the job?

Also sata power or data?

Comment

Double post..

Comment

Google shopping shows a load of non moulded sata power and data extensions.

Click

Comment

Originally posted by Alfizzle View Post
          Any reason just a longer cable won't do the job?

Also sata power or data?
          I need a single for my Mac Pro to go from drive bay 4 to a 4 port USB 3 card, anything else will just be messy

Sorry, should have mentioned SATA power.

Google shopping shows a load of non moulded sata power and data extensions.

Click
          heh, those are all moulded except the Molex to SATA, which I could do if I take an extension from the spare optical bay, but again mess... OCD etc
          PC: 4790K|H110i|Z97 Sabertooth Mk1|SLI GTX 980 SC|16 GB Beast 2400 MHz|2x850 Pro RAID0|W7|HX1000i|NZXT H440 SE|Dell U3415W|Genelec 8040a|Dacmagic Plus
          Mac Pro: Dual 6 Core X5690 Xeons|64 GB ECC|7970 Windforce 3|512 GB NVMe PCIe|2xWD Black 4 TB Raid 0|OS X 10.11.3|2x27" Apple Cinema Displays|KRK V4 Series 2

Comment

oh ok, by molded i thought you meant molded together eg:

Silly me

Any reason why you cant use THIS 'molded' cable? its a good quality one, i assume you are worried about it melting?

Comment

oh ok, by molded i thought you meant molded together eg:

Silly me

Any reason why you cant use THIS 'molded' cable? its a good quality one, i assume you are worried about it melting?

Just ultra paranoid, I had one go myself last year (fortunately I was sat next to it at the time so managed to prevent anything too bad) and my cousin also had one go bad a couple of days ago, has put me off ever using the moulded type again.

Comment

Yeah man im paranoid about it too! so i hear you lol

I dont see why one of a reputable brand bought from a reputable seller would combust on you tho.

Its the cheap china no name 1 special ones that burn your house down, they state 18AWG on the cable itself but once you chop the connector off and strip the wire back you literally find a hair thin strand of wire.. no good.

Comment

Working...
                X