Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanners

Hi all,

What do people know about scanners, Im after a cheapish but good one to scan photos and polaroid images in to my mac.

Would it be better to just buy a cheap ish scanner or best to get one of these all in one printers with a scanner built in, is there much different in the scan quality between them?

Thanks
    FL
    Check out FL-Photos & Lee Whittaker Photography

Terrible film. I just take a digital photo of the document. Scanners are so 1980s
    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

I always buy separate scanners and printers. I don't trust those all singing all dancing jobs. But if you need both, and your scanner load will not be massive, they are cheap to buy. (Ink is expensive.) Think of it as a printer with extras.

I use two Canon scanners, The LiDE 220 is an all purpose scanner that would do what you want. I have a Canon P-208II for sheet-fed scans.

Relying on digital photos is fine if you don't care about the quality. But with a scanner you get the ability to scan into many different formats, and even to produce PDF files. I do that with important documents.
      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
      Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Working...
      X