X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Printer

Help with this printer ,
    \

Hello , This is first topic for ARIA within the last 3 years, I have a problem with my new printer ,
    I have got Brother MFC-J5625DW, My problem is I can scan wirelessly but I can't print wirelessly,
    I did try remove driver and resintalled again but it doesn't make any different. My Laptop is Win 7 64 bit.
    Hope somebody here can I help. Thanks

Comment

My experience with wireless (Canion) printers is that they can be a beast to set up. Your issue sounds like a drivers thing. My system has the same printer with two sets of drivers, one for wifi one for USB. Fortuntaley, Canon hasa ot very good utility for setting up the wifi thing. Does Brother do something similar.
      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
      Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Give the printer a reserved IP on your router then rerun the printer set up.

Had a WFii printer to fix that the printer driver didnt handle the ip change, but the scanner side could.
        I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by wonderlust View Post
          Give the printer a reserved IP on your router then rerun the printer set up.

Had a WFii printer to fix that the printer driver didnt handle the ip change, but the scanner side could.
          I guess that would make sense, as the scanner software won't care what IP the data comes from as long as it gets there, so and IP change wouldn't make a difference. But if the IP changes, the print driver won't know where to send it to..

Originally posted by coiler
          Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Sorry guy for the delayed , and thank you for your reply.

as I got an error on when I'm trying to reply within this topic. it's said

" Missing human verification information "

Anyway I did uninstall with the brother remove driver thing and installed over again, but still it dose not fix the problem, talking about fix the ip for the printer how can I do that . Does the IP from my computer change after i turn off and back on?
            Last edited by jaff90110; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Ip addresses a leased from what ever is supplying them, in your case probably your Router.

I would suggest resetting the Printer settings and rest up manually. then in the router config there will be an option to reserve the address.

That way the printer always
              has the same IP.
              I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

add the printer by hostname, not by IP address and that issue is made redundant
                Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Working...
                X