Looking for an interesting multi PC project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an interesting multi PC project

Just been doing a clearout at work. I've got at least 11 C2D machines all sitting here doing nothing. So, I'm wondering what I could use them all for. I'd like to do some experimenting in running them all as a bit of a computing farm, but what to do?

Has anyone done anything like this, and got any suggestions on some interesting projects?

I'm not too interested in F@H/BOINC/SETI etc. I've done that before and got very far up the leaderboards before I lost interest Is there anything else?

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

not really

i know a guy who st up his old crunching farm to as a rendering farm for people free online

i still like seti most.
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Comment

Meh. Might have to set up my folding farm again then...

Comment

boinc or seti get my vote for moral reasons. the more i learn about the farm and the company, the more i feel i am right to distrust them.
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

I think I got higher up the leader board in F@H though...

Comment

luke what don't you trust about folding?
            He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
            Originally posted by BigIan88
            turn off that sexy nonsense
            Originally posted by Salad Soup
            turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

those behind it.
              Plato

Comment

Pande labs?

I'm just curious since I've got family who work(ed) in Pharma research and they do make use of the calculations from folding@home. I don't know too much about it, just that it's something they couldn't do on their own, and gives them a solid starting point for new research (i.e knowing which problem areas to look into further).
                He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                Originally posted by BigIan88
                turn off that sexy nonsense
                Originally posted by Salad Soup
                turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

yeah, most things start with the best intentions.

i know a couple of people who went to stanford too.

http://tusb.stanford.edu/2012/04/cia...pus-today.html

10 years back i didn't believe much of what the "crazies" said. but as time went on, as more information comes to light it is hard to ignore when what they claimed has been shown to be true

http://fsi.stanford.edu/events/insid...michael-morell
                  Plato

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
                    luke what don't you trust about folding?
                    Luke doesn't trust anyone. He's one of those who thinks 911 was an inside job.

Originally posted by Aria
                    On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

yerp
                      Plato

Comment

Working...
                      X