skylake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skylake

i know few others have these chips and wondered what clocks people where finding they got with theirs?

i am finding anything near 1.4vcore and the temps run away and on 1.35v i top out around 4.65ghz.

"Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
    i know few others have these chips and wondered what clocks people where finding they got with theirs?

i am finding anything near 1.4vcore and the temps run away and on 1.35v i top out around 4.65ghz.

4.9ghz core and cache @ 1.44v

Temps fully loaded are 70c on custom water + delid/relid with CLU two thick 240mm rads & fans @ 800rpm with a gtx 1080 in the loop too.

Been rock solid since day one, before delid temps where 80c on same setup, but i did manage 70 with fans at full bore.

http://valid.x86.fr/1i3x9g
    Last edited by Alfizzle; 23-10-16, 17:32.

Comment

Rock solid at 4.6GHz at around 1.29v

Haven't felt the need to push much higher than that but feels like it'd be capable.
      NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

Mine needed 1.4v for 4.6 after XTU ruined it... it was capable of 4.8 at 1.45 with 70c max on a single fat 140mm rad. Now it's dead and replaced.
        ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

trying to dial in a nice daily driver

is 1.34vcore under load but cpuz lies.

alfie on that voltage i start in the low 90c's and then it creeps up :'(
          Last edited by luke22; 25-10-16, 02:52.
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

Comment

Delid!

Comment

Definitely delid. You shouldn't be anywhere near 90 with that.

My old CPU had a VID of 1.298v (WTF, Intel?!) and didn't even touch 55c on that single rad.
              ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

thinking about redoing my loops if i am honest. thinking about bolting a 480 rad to the front of my air 540 and swapping the 920 aio to the 240 rad my cpu is on atm.

delidding is on the cards too, just not yet xD

i might be getting my hands on a water chiller at some point soon too, so 1 loop i can plug in and out of that on qdc might be the best option...but idk

does anybody know if the thinner pcb on skylak causes any issues with the ek delid mount?

only if i redo my loops i might need to get new blocks so
                Plato

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
                  thinking about redoing my loops if i am honest. thinking about bolting a 480 rad to the front of my air 540 and swapping the 920 aio to the 240 rad my cpu is on atm.

delidding is on the cards too, just not yet xD

i might be getting my hands on a water chiller at some point soon too, so 1 loop i can plug in and out of that on qdc might be the best option...but idk

does anybody know if the thinner pcb on skylak causes any issues with the ek delid mount?

only if i redo my loops i might need to get new blocks so
                  Ek delid mount does not work with skylake it's for Ivy and haswell only.

You won't see much improvement in cooling till you delid, I wouldn't waste money on it you will be dissapointed.

You will see the biggest gains from a delid, 10-20c drop in temps. You could be seeing 70c where that 90c is currently.

Look at what TMDD got on a single 140mm rad

/2p

Comment

I didn't see massive changes at stock, but once I pushed the volts, it made a huge difference to load temps.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
                      I didn't see massive changes at stock, but once I pushed the volts, it made a huge difference to load temps.
                      Same here, overclocked load temps dropped significantly, idle and stock temps stayed around the same.

Comment

yea, me delidding is more a case of when not if. it made the 47k like a totally different chip, like an e8400 vs e6850 xD

updated the bios, had a play with the ram this morning.

now i cant get 3466mhz

going to roll it back and see where that gets me xD
                        Last edited by luke22; 29-10-16, 12:35.
                        Plato

Comment

some figures, start with defaults, then some overclocked ram results

4500mhz cpu
                          4000mhz nb
                          1.34 vcore
                          1.36 vdimm
                          1.2 vimc
                          1.178 vccsa
                          Plato

Comment

Working...
                          X