Product query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product query

My current external bluray drive isn't useable. Out of two orders to Amazon for computer components (the other being a 4TB hard drive), both have failed.

So now I'm looking at these two devices from Aria:

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=59449

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=59450

Obviously, they are the same product. What I want to know is, what software comes with the retail boxed version? Does any software at all come with the OEM version?

Ta very muchness.

Check out my latest Steam Workshop creations here

Given the price difference, I'd buy the boxed just in case it had some goodies.

No one seems to offer anything on extras though. Then again, these things usually turn up with a copy of last year's version of any software, sometimes missing key features.

Boxed stuff sometimes comes with hardware bits you don't get with OEM. Connectors for example. And better warranty cover.
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
    Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

You get out of date Arcsoft software.

Comment

THIS as listed on the pioneer site.
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Originally posted by Mebby View Post
          You get out of date Arcsoft software.
          Wow! Forget the boxed version.
          Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
          Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
          Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Bleh. I'll go for the OEM version then I think. I have no intention of writing BD-Rs and very little intention of writing DVDs although it's not out of the question. The main purpose of the drive here is to create ISOs of all the stuff I still have on disc, so that I have backups on my new hard drive. Then, if I need the ISOs, I can use the drive to burn them to disc.

Comment

For burning isos, just use imgburn. Free, simple, works great.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn View Post
                For burning isos, just use imgburn. Free, simple, works great.
                Yes. Good call.

Comment

Working...
                X