No announcement yet.

Optical Drives ...Do you need one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my blu-ray writer and couldnt live without it. I burned 1 blu-ray since I got it and couldn't be happier..

Okay enough of the sarcasm but seriously the discs are great for permanent storage like photos unlike Hard drives which will die eventually.
    i7-6700K 4.00GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow, Zotac GTX 980 TI AMP! 6GB, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, Blu-ray Writer, Asus ROG Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz DDR4

Comment

I have a huge CD/DVD library that I tend to play on my PC as the quality is better than those built in to TVs.
      I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
      Dave Burnett

Comment

I'm reinstalling my optical drive to rip a new CD soon, then it's going straight back in the garage lol.
        Dell Vostro 3560 | Intel Core i5-3380M | 8GB RAM | HD4000 graphics | Sandisk SSDPlus 120GB | Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Impossible to live without one:
          CD > BD-RW > EAC > FLAC > Mp3tag > NAS > SM6

Comment

Vinyl + Google Music = Possible.
            Originally posted by coiler
            He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
            Originally posted by BigIan88
            turn off that sexy nonsense
            Originally posted by Salad Soup
            turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

When installing an operating system they come in handy

Comment

when I Sit an think about it I might pick up an external one so I can play my gamecube games on the pc...glad I kept my games even after my gamecube died

Comment

Get yourself a Samsung USB External DVD-R/W for under 20. Lives in the drawer until you need it and keep your PC looking clean.

Job done.

Comment

Working...
                  X