Lightscribe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightscribe?

I know this has been out for years but what i want to know is why it's never really been brought up, it looks like a great piece of kit and I'm thinking of buying a Lightscribe drive, has anyone got one and are they worth it?

Cooler Master Elite 430, 500W Corsair Builder Series 500CX, Radeon HD 7850 2048MB, Intel Core i5 3570k(Stock), 8GB DDR3 RAM, GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2, 2x Cooler Master SickleFlow Blue LED Case Fans(Way too noisy)

Originally posted by Hanjishan View Post
    I know this has been out for years but what i want to know is why it's never really been brought up, it looks like a great piece of kit and I'm thinking of buying a Lightscribe drive, has anyone got one and are they worth it?
    No. Just use a pen instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Terbinator View Post
      No. Just use a pen instead.
      Ha figured someone would say that :L but i like to have nice labels

Cooler Master Elite 430, 500W Corsair Builder Series 500CX, Radeon HD 7850 2048MB, Intel Core i5 3570k(Stock), 8GB DDR3 RAM, GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2, 2x Cooler Master SickleFlow Blue LED Case Fans(Way too noisy)

Comment

You could also buy the CD labels and print using a regular printer. Looks much nicer than lightscribe. Only issues I have heard of is with DVDs as they spin faster and the paper can come off

Comment

Originally posted by msparsons View Post
          You could also buy the CD labels and print using a regular printer. Looks much nicer than lightscribe. Only issues I have heard of is with DVDs as they spin faster and the paper can come off
          Our printer is terrible and we never really use it

Comment

Re: Lightscribe?

Or just get printable cd or dvd's and print onto them..thats what I used to do with my Epson R200 printer
            i5 2500k/16 gig DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengence LP/Asus P8H77-V-LE/EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0/Intel X25-V 40gig/SoundBlaster Omni/NZXT Phantom 530 Case/BenQ G2222HDL/G15 Keyboard v1/ Roccat Kone XTC/Windows 10 Pro

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Biodoid

Comment

Originally posted by Biodoid View Post
              Or just get printable cd or dvd's and print onto them..thats what I used to do with my Epson R200 printer
              I feel that Lightscribe would be a cheaper method, was just wondering if anyone has used it before

Comment

Re: Lightscribe?

How much are the lightscribe disks compared to normal ones??
                i5 2500k/16 gig DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengence LP/Asus P8H77-V-LE/EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0/Intel X25-V 40gig/SoundBlaster Omni/NZXT Phantom 530 Case/BenQ G2222HDL/G15 Keyboard v1/ Roccat Kone XTC/Windows 10 Pro

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Biodoid

Comment

Found a seller who sells 10 for 2.89 thats DVD+R 4.7gb INCLUDING CASES

Comment

My ASUS gaming laptop had a Lightscribe drive built in, thought I'd just try it out because it was there.

It was easy enough to use, and made some nice looking CD labels. All in sepia colours though unless it's changed since I used it 3 years ago.

And the discs are pretty cheap, as are all CDs these days.
                    Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher View Post
                      My ASUS gaming laptop had a Lightscribe drive built in, thought I'd just try it out because it was there.

It was easy enough to use, and made some nice looking CD labels. All in sepia colours though unless it's changed since I used it 3 years ago.

And the discs are pretty cheap, as are all CDs these days.
                      Thank you for the feedback yeh it's not changed since it's only laser etched. I think ill purchase one and try it out. No harm in trying. Again thank you for the feedback, also if you can remember, about how long did it take to create a label?

Comment

I assumed they would probably be the same, I don't have any of the discs I did it on though otherwise I'd show you one I made.

It's a lot less hassle than a labelling machine, as all you do is flip the disc over. Depends what you're trying to put on it, I tried a detailed picture of mountain biking over the whole face and it didn't take more than a couple of minutes IIRC. But if all you were doing was text then it would probably take seconds with a more modern drive.
                        Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

I have a Lightscribe drive you could have for postage if you're interested.

Let me know.
                          R.
                          FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                          "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher View Post
                            I assumed they would probably be the same, I don't have any of the discs I did it on though otherwise I'd show you one I made.

It's a lot less hassle than a labelling machine, as all you do is flip the disc over. Depends what you're trying to put on it, I tried a detailed picture of mountain biking over the whole face and it didn't take more than a couple of minutes IIRC. But if all you were doing was text then it would probably take seconds with a more modern drive.
                            Oh interesting i thought it would be a 15 minute job

Comment

Originally posted by R1gg4 View Post
                              I have a Lightscribe drive you could have for postage if you're interested.

Let me know.
                              R.
                              Sent you a message

Comment

Working...
                              X