Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu Ray Rewriter wanted, but which one come with all the software needed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all but the monitor, but what im trying to say is that my dell is displaying the content off the 3D blu ray disc, il just get some cheap glasses and find out that way i suppose

Comment

Originally posted by TAZ007 View Post
      all but the monitor, but what im trying to say is that my dell is displaying the content off the 3D blu ray disc, il just get some cheap glasses and find out that way i suppose
      But there is no way of your monitor showing you the 3D image unless your given software has some sort of anaglyph conversion mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Terbinator View Post
        But there is no way of your monitor showing you the 3D image unless your given software has some sort of anaglyph conversion mode.
        i dont know mate tbh, 3D is wasted on me as im mostly blind in one eye, but i will get some cheap glasses and let the kids have a go and see what they say

Comment

You will know if its 3D as you will see two images super-imposed and slight off set. It will basically look like a blurry image.

Comment

I did consider 2TB Seagate Expansion STBV2000200 3.5" Desktop External Hard Drive - HDD - USB 3.0 for 59 but must be safer to back up to a disc? as id be running the same risk as i am now of a HDD failing and not being able to recover my photos and music, its happened to me once before and tbh im still taking chances, so time to get it sorted, discs are not that expensive @ 75p for 25GB
            Bit irrelevant since you already bought it but why do you think it's safer to backup to disk? I wouldn't really say optical media is a lot more reliable than magnetic unless you are storing them in a ridiculously safe place, out of sunlight, etc. All optical disks degrade whereas a magnetic disk is likely to last much longer. The one benefit of optical would be that if anyone broke into your house, they would be likely to go for any external hard drives but leave optical disks unless they are obviously games or something.

If all you are worried about is a hard drive actually failing (and not really needing to recover say, a file you deleted 6 months ago), then your best option is to simply get another HDD the same size as the current one the data is on and run them in RAID1. You can add as many drives as you want and each holds a duplicate of the same data meaning there is no single point of failure.
            Corsair 550D | i5-3570k | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H | Corsair H60 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 256gb Samsung 830 | EVGA GTX 780 ACX Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
              Bit irrelevant since you already bought it but why do you think it's safer to backup to disk? I wouldn't really say optical media is a lot more reliable than magnetic unless you are storing them in a ridiculously safe place, out of sunlight, etc. All optical disks degrade whereas a magnetic disk is likely to last much longer. The one benefit of optical would be that if anyone broke into your house, they would be likely to go for any external hard drives but leave optical disks unless they are obviously games or something.

If all you are worried about is a hard drive actually failing (and not really needing to recover say, a file you deleted 6 months ago), then your best option is to simply get another HDD the same size as the current one the data is on and run them in RAID1. You can add as many drives as you want and each holds a duplicate of the same data meaning there is no single point of failure.
              Why? well they will well out last my life time and that of the best HDD or SDD drive, it will save me even needing another HDD as i want to get rid of this one when i get a bigger SDD, i have had a few HDD fail in the past, although many years ago, never had a CDR or DVD-R fail one me yet

Comment

i'll be interested to know what you think of the software, and if it is the full version, or a feature stripped OEM version that nags you to 'upgrade' constantly

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
                - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

Working...
                X