Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu Ray Rewriter wanted, but which one come with all the software needed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blu Ray Rewriter wanted, but which one come with all the software needed?

Looking to get a Blu-Ray rewriter so can backup my photos and music etc, have it all on a 500GB HDD at the mo and no only some of it backed up, so i need one that will do this out of the box with all the software for writing to all disc formats and software to play Blu Ray Movies should i need too, its not clear what comes with these two brands and i have done a few searches but not any the wiser, so hoping some has one and can point me to the right one for me?

LG 16x SATA Internal BDRW Bare + Software - Worlds fastest BluRay Writer

OR

Pioneer BDR-207EBK Blu-ray Writer Quad Layer 12x BD-R, x8 DVD±DL x16 DVD±R Up to 128gb Retail - Software included

surely given the prices still of bluray discs you would be better off buying another HDD??

Just have a drive you plug in to backup then unplug it?

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread....Writable-Disks
      posted by scrivz69
      I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
      i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Originally posted by TAZ007 View Post
        Looking to get a Blu-Ray rewriter so can backup my photos and music etc, have it all on a 500GB HDD at the mo and no only some of it backed up, so i need one that will do this out of the box with all the software for writing to all disc formats and software to play Blu Ray Movies should i need too, its not clear what comes with these two brands and i have done a few searches but not any the wiser, so hoping some has one and can point me to the right one for me?

LG 16x SATA Internal BDRW Bare + Software - Worlds fastest BluRay Writer

OR

Pioneer BDR-207EBK Blu-ray Writer Quad Layer 12x BD-R, x8 DVD±DL x16 DVD±R Up to 128gb Retail - Software included
        I've got that BDR-207EBK model one, comes with TotalMedia Extreme burning software (burns everything, music, data, video, img's etc no probs) along with some Theater software for playing back blu-ray movies. Does its job well enough tbh mate.

I bought about 20 25Gb blu-rays to perform backups like you too and to this day have only used one disc lol.
        4960x@4.7 | 16Gb@2400 | R9 290 | Custom W/C

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
          surely given the prices still of bluray discs you would be better off buying another HDD??

Just have a drive you plug in to backup then unplug it?
          I did consider 2TB Seagate Expansion STBV2000200 3.5" Desktop External Hard Drive - HDD - USB 3.0 for £59 but must be safer to back up to a disc? as id be running the same risk as i am now of a HDD failing and not being able to recover my photos and music, its happened to me once before and tbh im still taking chances, so time to get it sorted, discs are not that expensive @ 75p for 25GB

Yes i have seen this, but for £6 to £10 extra i can get new with 2 year warranty plus the software needed to burn media as confirmed by Zoomee

Originally posted by zoomee View Post
          I've got that BDR-207EBK model one, comes with TotalMedia Extreme burning software (burns everything, music, data, video, img's etc no probs) along with some Theater software for playing back blu-ray movies. Does its job well enough tbh mate.

I bought about 20 25Gb blu-rays to perform backups like you too and to this day have only used one disc lol.
          So would you happily recommend this one then? and what disc did you buy? i only need a few tbh

Comment

Got some Aone discs from ebay mate - can't recall how much they were but the 25Gb ones worked out to be cheaper than the higher capacity ones.
            4960x@4.7 | 16Gb@2400 | R9 290 | Custom W/C

Comment

Originally posted by zoomee View Post
              Got some Aone discs from ebay mate - can't recall how much they were but the 25Gb ones worked out to be cheaper than the higher capacity ones.
              Yep i just found them, ordered one just to try, and the BDR-207EBK, i think in the long run it should work out cheaper, and safer, can have a good sort out then thank for the input

Comment

Cheaper to buy cloud storage if you want 100% safety.

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
                i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
                Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Originally posted by Naphta View Post
                  Really? where cos i only tried justcloud.com and they wanted £95 per year for just 250GB i only have about 50GB at the most that i want to back up, also want it for other things too so will get my use out of it

Comment

hopefully you are not being serious with this comment.

Comment

Originally posted by oneman View Post
                      hopefully you are not being serious with this comment.
                      All forms of storage can fail, the only way is to have many backups like would be found in a cloud solution. You could do this yourself but the hardware is expensive.

There are cheaper forms like Amazons glacier.

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
                      i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
                      Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Only problem with cloud is that you have to be selective with what you upload, especially on a slow connection.

I get a 0.8Mbps upload which is 0.1MB/s.

That's 6MB per minute or 360MB per hour.

To upload 200GB of data would take just over 550 hours or 23 days. That also assumes you can max out your upload for this period, which unless you want the slowest internet in the world for that period you'll want to turn the upload down. So really you would go on around 0.4-0.5Mbps upload so around 1000-1200 hours.

Not exactly practical.

Comment

All forms of storage can fail, the only way is to have many backups like would be found in a cloud solution. You could do this yourself but the hardware is expensive.

There are cheaper forms like Amazons glacier.
                          So you have happy to hand over all control of your data to a 3rd party. While I use cloud myself there is no way I would trust it to be the only storage and any thing like documents get encrypted before being uploaded.

Comment

Well it has arrived and fitted now, just waiting on the discs now, do have another question tho, i dont have a 3D tv but do have 3D blu ray player, now on my main tv the blu ray play knows my tv is not 3D so i cant play the in 3D however on this one i just bought it does, so does this mean i can watch 3D movies if i go get some passive glasses? or not?

Comment

If you've got a 3D player, 3D content and 3D TV - yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X