No announcement yet.

Sanity check

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to go way above threshold on PSU wattage. Rather have a 750w, dishing out 550w, than a 600w running near the top of efficiency scale at 550w.

Like running a 1 litre car on motorway at 90mph, vs a 2 litre Derv at 90mph
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Swapped the motherboard for a Gigabyte AB350 instead, and the RAM for some 2666. Ditched the fans, bought a bunch of white LED fans instead: 2 Thermaltake 140s for my main PC, and 4 of the 120 Mistrals to go in this build...

Stoooooooopid... Now I need to order a windowed panel for the case lol
      Why did the chicken cross the road?
      To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

Windowed escalation
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

New plan. The window is tiny on that case, so kind of seems pointless (obviously not much space for it on the micro case).

So the LED fans have gone into my main rig, and I've actually done the cable management pretty well for once to show it off... The fans from my main rig are going into the micro build, which I'm going to start after work this evening

Tempted to get some LED strips for the top and bottom of the side panel now...
          Last edited by FunkY; 21-05-17, 16:59.

Comment

Whoever designed the Prodigy M is currently near the top of my most despised people on the planet list... I am never doing another Micro build, ever

Every time I think I'm nearly finished, I realise I can't do the next step without pulling everything back out again. I'm almost finished with it... Just need to put the side panels on and the DVD drive now... Besides work, I've spent every spare hour today trying to do this, and it's been a complete bastard lol. I've refitted the hard drive tray 4 times. I've had the power supply in twice. The bracket that holds graphics cards in place doesn't like the plastic cowling on the graphics card cooler, that took a bit of shoe horning and a lot of swearing...

I now have to make a choice: Connect the front USBs, OR fit a DVD drive. The USB 3.0 plug for the front USBs is about an inch too big, and sits right where the DVD drive wants to be , and of course there's only one place for the plug, and one place for the DVD... They just happen to overlap...

Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed with the case, it's lovely. The build quality is top notch... Just the layout of the thing is a bit alien to me after using nothing but full size and midi towers for over a decade lol. Plus for a "micro" build, the damn thing is huge!
            Last edited by FunkY; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

On a more positive note: My son seemed well and truly pleased when he opened it, he hasn't even seen all the new games he's got to go with it yet

Comment

Working...
              X