No announcement yet.

PHOTO EDITING BUILD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 212 is a decent cooler and probably the best bang for buck but if its absolute performance you're looking for, I'd spend a few quid more and get something like this which will easily handle your CPU and any other for the future, even when overclocked.
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Is it 1080p or 1440p?

I wouldn't want to use 1080p on a 32" monitor, regardless of the quality of the panel. If you don't like 1080p at 27" you'll hate a 32" version. You'll be able to see the individual pixels
      Plus you've gotta imagine the size of the thing. 32" is really quite big once it's on your desk right in front of your eyes.

For me, 27" 1440p is the sweet spot ()

I wouldn't worry about OC'ing the CPU at the moment, it boosts to 4.2Ghz already. The 212 is sufficient but the one Ian linked (https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=57187) is a really good price for that cooler as well.
      Last edited by omega; 10-05-17, 14:54.
      Originally posted by coiler
      He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
      Originally posted by BigIan88
      turn off that sexy nonsense
      Originally posted by Salad Soup
      turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Thank you Ian,I will get that one then as long as it fits in the case Thank you for the reply Omega,they are both 2560 x 1440 ,I just couldnt decide on the vieving angles,as I need to be able to see the colours as truly as possible.I just like the idea of 32" really,I already have 27" but it is not a great monitor for colour reproduction.

Comment

I have a 28" 4K on my desk and that's more than big enough for me and although the monitor is good, the colours are waaaay off and without a calibration tool, there's not much I can do to correct it (settings I've found online look worse than my custom config). Although I agree with Omega and by personal experience, 1440p at 27" was fantastic.

I'd rather spend money on a smaller monitor that does the job, than have a bigger one that's mediocre and for the point of having a big monitor.
          i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

You all definitely have a point, I dont want ot send a link but I have found Acer K272HUL 27" monitor online, a reasonable price,looking at the specs would you guys recommend it please?I really dont know how to thank you all,you all have been great,I wasnt actually expecting any replies for a few days,and maybe none at all.

Comment

itsWould just like to echo Ian here, I currently do a lot of editing on both a 27" 2k screen. I purchased a 4k one last year and ended it up sending it back as for most takes was an overkill and i just didnt enjoy it. And your 7850 will be fine, ive got one currently paired to my 6700k and 32gb of ram

I've done some quick googling on that monitor and there are a few reviews saying the colors out of the box are not great. Only about 90% RGB, some review then claim to get up to 99.8 while others say they didnt see much improvement with calibration at all. So maybe its down to production variability?
              Last edited by zeameth; 10-05-17, 15:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarahlou View Post
                You all definitely have a point, I dont want ot send a link but I have found Acer K272HUL 27" monitor online, a reasonable price,looking at the specs would you guys recommend it please?I really dont know how to thank you all,you all have been great,I wasnt actually expecting any replies for a few days,and maybe none at all.

27" 1080 screen would be an awful idea. The panel might be good (i'd have to research it more to know) but that resolution at that size would be a bad idea. It wouldn't look sharp at all and if you plan on putting it on your desk, you'd be close enough to see the pixel grid.

Comment

One thought on the monitor front, what about having two monitors?

In many applications, it is the quality of the image that matters rather than the size. If you put a better monitor alongside the existing one you can get the best of both worlds. Work on one while the second one sits there for other stuff.

Ideally, I'd use monitors of the same size, so another 27-inch, if your desk is big enough. If nothing else, it means that you don't have to bin the old one.
                  Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                  Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                  Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
                    27" 1080 screen would be an awful idea. The panel might be good (i'd have to research it more to know) but that resolution at that size would be a bad idea. It wouldn't look sharp at all and if you plan on putting it on your desk, you'd be close enough to see the pixel grid.
                    I think the monitor she linked is 1440p.
                    FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                    "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

Blame Google for that one, the side specs state its 1080 whereas other sites list it as 1440.

Product detailsBrand: Acer
                      Size: 27 inch
                      Resolution: 1920 x 1080
                      Display type: LED Backlit
                      Connector type: HDMI, VGA, DVI
                      Maximum refresh rate: 75 hertz

Comment

Thank you everyone for the quick responses.The monitor I have is a 27" IPS 1080p screen and I cant say I am happy with shaprness,and the colour reproduction is not accurate at all.The monitor I linked is 1440 ,but the thing confuses me is that there are so many 27" 1440 monitors with so many different prices,the ACER i linked i less than 300 but there are some for a lot more.If there are any monitors you can recommend for around 300 please please please let me know.I again really appreciate all your help.

Comment

If its professional photo editing and quality you require, Dell are the way to go.

I had a 27" IPS Dell monitor, sold it and bought a Korean IPS monitor as it was cheaper then upgraded to the 4K Asus I have now. I wish I had kept the Dell in all honesty!

Comment

I've got a Dell U2713HM, it's a few years old now, and I don't do any colour critical work on it, but it's very nice.

Dell do normally have pretty good colours out of the box, but they're a bit more expensive. I'd say worth it though if your work relies on accuracy.
                            Originally posted by coiler
                            He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                            Originally posted by BigIan88
                            turn off that sexy nonsense
                            Originally posted by Salad Soup
                            turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Hi again everyone,I just wanted to thank you again for all the help,I was wondering what you think of this monitor please? I hope i m ok to put an amazon link here.if you think it is a good one I will buy it straight away,thank you

BenQ GW2765HT LED IPS 27 inch Widescreen Multimedia Monitor
                              Last edited by BigIan88; 11-05-17, 10:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarahlou View Post
                                I hope i m ok to put an amazon link here.
                                Not really. Be prepared to see it disappear.

I have used BenQ monitors. They are mid range and reasonable value for money, but are they up to something as detailed as photo editing? Do they have the control over colour that you want?

I have never been able to justify the cost, buy for mission critical stuff people do recommend Dell. See above.
                                Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                                Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                                Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Working...
                                X