Updating Parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Parts

Hey - Just got new Call Of Duty.... Game struggles when maxed out so would like to update everything needed along with an SSD.

Please state what to upgrade and links if possible? Would really like a SSD too.. Thanks

This is what i currently have...

If it were me I would get an SSD + a better GPU and leave the rest alone.

If you've a P67 or a Z board over clock the i5-2500K you should be good for 4-4.2Ghz with out too much effort.
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by wonderlust View Post

If you've a P67 or a Z board over clock the i5-2500K you should be good for 4-4.2Ghz with out too much effort.
      THIS^^

SSD if you want some general snappyness (sp?) and a new GPU with more VRAM for game performance. CPU overclock will obviously help to.

What monitor resolution do you have?
      i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by Finners View Post
        THIS^^

SSD if you want some general snappyness (sp?) and a new GPU with more VRAM for game performance. CPU overclock will obviously help to.

What monitor resolution do you have?
        1920x1080

Comment

Originally posted by wonderlust View Post

This is the MB I have

Asus MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/GEN3 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel Z68 , DDR3, ATX, PCI Express 3.0, USB 3.0, ROG Connect with GPU TweakIt)

Decent?

Comment

Great board and if you haven't been overclocking your CPU up to this point frankly you have been doing it a massive disservice! 4.2Ghz should be easily achievable with your cooler I will look tomorrow for a good guide but honestly it is very easy, just takes a little time to prove stability.
            i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by Finners View Post
              Great board and if you haven't been overclocking your CPU up to this point frankly you have been doing it a massive disservice! 4.2Ghz should be easily achievable with your cooler I will look tomorrow for a good guide but honestly it is very easy, just takes a little time to prove stability.
              Hi Finners. Thanks do you have Skype? Would be easier to talk on there about OVC? Also which SSD would you recommend thanks

Comment

Building on the above, how about;
                SSD 850 Evo 250GB - https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Stor...roductId=66125
                GPU GTX 1060 6GB - https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=66428
                Gaming :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, Gigabyte GTX1070, 16GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, G900, G510s, 10 Pro x64
                Work :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD FirePro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64

Comment

Originally posted by NickCPC View Post
                  Building on the above, how about;
                  SSD 850 Evo 250GB - https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Stor...roductId=66125
                  GPU GTX 1060 6GB - https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=66428
                  Is there a faster SSD? or how fast is that one

Comment

850 Evo is pretty damned fast. One of the fastest in fact... On the other hand even a slower Crucial drive will be a vast improvement over a regular hdd.
                    Why did the chicken cross the road?
                    To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkY View Post
                      850 Evo is pretty damned fast. One of the fastest in fact... On the other hand even a slower Crucial drive will be a vast improvement over a regular hdd.
                      Thanks and what are we saying? The GPU he posted or a different one? thanks

Comment

any modern ssd will be like night and day vs a spinner

i would look at the amd 480 over the nvidia 1060. the 1060 will give the same level of performance while using less power in somethings. but the lack of async for dx12 and vulcan is a big issue going forward to my eyes and then the extra vram will allow the 480x to stay relevant longer.

a good cooler would also be on the list if you do not have one. once you start to overclock the cooler will really help
                        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                        Plato

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
                          any modern ssd will be like night and day vs a spinner

i would look at the amd 480 over the nvidia 1060. the 1060 will give the same level of performance while using less power in somethings. but the lack of async for dx12 and vulcan is a big issue going forward to my eyes and then the extra vram will allow the 480x to stay relevant longer.

a good cooler would also be on the list if you do not have one. once you start to overclock the cooler will really help
                          Possible to ask for a link for what a decent cooler is? Thanks

Comment

really it depends on how much you want to spend. coolers like the evo 212 are great performance for their cost. as you want to start removing those next few degrees the cost goes up much more but the more expensive coolers are able to hold the same temps at much lower levels of noise, or with the same db level offer lower temps.

coolers like the d14/15 phanteks p14 and silver arrow are the top tier of air blowers imo with only really looks being the reason to pick one from the other. these coolers are the same price bracket as the cheaper all in one water cooled loops, but do not think that makes the water better. good air beats cheap water in all things other than size. these are big air coolers and that is how they do their job.
                            "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                            Plato

Comment

He's already got a 212 Evo.. Or are you suggesting he upgrades from that?

Originally posted by coiler
                              Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Working...
                              X