No announcement yet.

facebook gaming build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD APU has got to be my thoughts A8 maybe or A10 for overkill for not much extra cash.
    Though an A4 would do!

Comment

this is a tight budget, i had a go last night and blew it !

have you looked at the pre-built systems aria does ?

will try again tonight to make you a list

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
      - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/pNPhNbmHYYpiUhV1TcYusA,,

ok, i wasn't going to go through the parts right away, but as i used an open box monitor, then i probably should.....

and that's as good a place as any to start, because as it turns out, i could have used a non-ppen box model, and still hit the 600 budget ! but, if your happy to use the open box, then phone in and find out the details, you dont want it if it was returned for dead pixels, as it stands, 24" IPS panel with speakers for 130 aprox is an ok deal, you could look to the new models, and pay around 140 and that will open up 2 options, there is an AOC model with better speakers, and this model. As for the rest of the parts....

Monitor Cable - both the monitor and the motherboard have display port options, so you should make use of it for the best connection format.
        Keyboard/Mouse/Mouse mat - all cheap budget models, the keyboard should prove just fine, and the gigabyte mice have in the past gotten very good reviews from those that have bought them, the mouse mat is just in the likelihood you'll need one.
        DVD Drive - basic DVDRW from a respected make.
        Motherboard - mITX board with good features and built in wifi+bluetooth, plus Z series so you should be able to do some overclocking.
        CPU - Intel G3258 unlocked Pentium CPU, little bit of tweaking and this should run quite fast.
        PSU - Nice little BeQuiet unit, 350w isn't much, so consider carefully, but i think it will be ok, there isa 400w BeQuiet OEM PSU if you want a little more current.
        CASE+CPU Cooler - both coolermaster, Elite 130 case is nice and compact, and has ok airflow, but benefits form the AIO watercooler, because without it, then the CPU cooler height is severely restricted, and fights for air with the PSU fan, plus it's just a lot neater in a case this size!
        RAM - Nice cheap kingston 1866mhz memory, giving you the option to run att hat faster setting, or slow it down and tighten the timings, 8GB because the onboard PGU will take soem of the RAM for it's use, plus mITX format only has 2 slots for the memory.
        SSD - Hynix 256GB SSD should be enough for the entire system, but you can easily add a HDD later should you need.
        Last edited by Gunslinger; 30-03-15, 04:08.

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"

Comment

Ok I've talked with my sisters and we've decided to get her a touch screen laptop, been looking at the 2 in 1's as they can fold over an be used as a tablet type of thing.

Looking for a round 500-550

There's not much choice out there atm :S been looking up the Lenovo Yoga's recently, but unsure if they are worth the money

Comment

i'm not sure about that field of devices, hopefully someone will be along that can help, or perhaps a new thread dedicated to this new requirement

Comment

You can get a tablet/laptop hybrid.

Asus t200, my Mrs has one we replaced her Microsoft surface with.

11.6 HD screen, quad core Intel atom, 2gb ram and 32/64gb ssd, you can expand the storage by 64gb via SD card.

The tablet can then dock with a keyboard which has a 500gb hard drive in, great bit of kit for 330.

There is a 10.1" version as well for less.

There's no point going for a bendy flippable laptop as you are just trying to turn into a tablet, just get a tablet with a keyboard dock.

Read some reviews.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/lapto...er-book-t200ta

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/lapto...-t200ta-review

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

okay after 2 years and a few laptop repairs, she wants to get a pc now

She plays games like farmville, but they are so big they are slow on your laptop, and run just about "ok" even on my pc..

so I'm thinking fast ssd/m.2, fast ram...? just need to decide what cpu etc to get, unsure on budget yet...

Unsure if a graphics card is needed, but chrome does use the gpu for bits an bobs o.0 wonder if you could force it to use the gpu for its processing

Comment

She wants a PC to play Farmville?....
                  i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

What internet connection does she have?

Originally posted by Aria
                    On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

amd apu, good ssd and as much ram as you can afford. i would consider going small and cute over big and flashy too
                      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                      Plato

Comment

Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
                        She wants a PC to play Farmville?....
                        well she will use it for other stuff, but I need one that will cope with her farmville >.<

rather not go amd, and shes on Virgin, so its not too bad of a connecetion? think shes on the 150 package.

Money isn't an issue, just rather not waste a decent graphics card.. could probably get her 1030/1050 just for something to put in.

Comment

2400G has graphics built in performs as well as 1030 dedicated card.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
                            2400G has graphics built in performs as well as 1030 dedicated card.
                            with a budget of 600 you still recommend the 2400g?

Comment

Well it should be plenty fast enough for farmville, plus you can use extra to buy M2 NVME 970 samsung 250GB drive plus case and good psu.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Working...
                              X