facebook gaming build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• facebook gaming build

... Weird request I know, but me and my sisters have decided to build my mum a PC for her birthday, she's only ever used crappy laptops,

I was going to build her a full on gaming PC, but it would be wasted since she doesn't really "game"

I'm just wondering on a build I can make that will not lag or run slow for any facebook games,

I have 600 to spend.. but mainly 450 on the actual system, since i need to grab monitor/mouse/keyboard etc

Look forward to seeing your ideas

Personally, I'd base this around an Intel Pentium G3258 and build it up around there. They're wickedly fast for their price and I wholeheartedly recommend them any time.
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Since FB games are browser based. Make sure you got a goodish connection, keep your internet broswer (i.e. firefox / chrome) clean i.e. clean out browser history / cookies etc... make sure other programs are not eating up ram and cpu resources and i think anything from 2004 and onwards shouldnt have an issue.

Theres no need for a GPU in this as intergrated chipsets will undoubtedly run them.

So invest in a good SSD to improve load times etc...the pentium sounds like a good start, mays well go for 8GB ram to bring it up to date.

Need an OS with this?
      Inte l i7 4790k 4.4Ghz / Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5 / G .Skill TridentX 16GB DDR3 2400MHz / Gigabyte GTX980ti Xtreme Gaming 6GB / 128GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD / 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD / 2TB Seagate HDDx2 / iiayama 40" 4K LED Monitor / Asus 27" 1080p Gaming LCD / Corsair Scimitar RGB Mouse - Corsair Strafe RGB Keyboard / Logitech 5.1 speskers - Corsair Vengance Gaming headset H2100

Comment

Ok I've just done a mess around for you, Worked to 450 budget as you said so you could get some other stuff, worked on a Micro ATX design to save space and weight, Intergrated graphics so no GPU....heres a break down:

Case: A cheap and cheerful mATX design, its up to you if you want to improve on it with higher priced ones, i chose the best bang for buck that didnt have a cheap generic 500w PSU included in it. though you may want one of these......?

Mobo: Gone for a cheap and cheerful again with good design features and some USB 3.0 support, supporting intergrated graphics and a decent onboard sound....

Ram: 8GB mushkin - usually a solid quality ok make. good timings and speed

SSD: 250GB New gen Samsung 850 EVO SSD for good fast load times for your main programs

HDD: Standard 1TB HDD for storgae or music, pictures etc....nothing exciting

CPU Cooler: added a non stock cooler, not sure if the G3258 comes with one or not but i think ive picked a good low profile one for it

PSU: Solid Brand Bequiet, Decent enough powersupply for what you need, dont need to get one that can support SLI / Crossfire and all that jazz, just need a good effecient PSU, with no GPU at least i think 350w Should be fine....I think, someone may have to recheck me on that

Misc: added an extra fan in there for exhaust....as there was only one fan on the front of thr case i selected you will want this for longevity, i might even go as far as saying, spend another 8 or so and add in a 120mm bequiet silent wings case fan to replace the generic one that comes on the front of the case, for better air flow and ultra quietness...... Added an optical drive, pretty much standard one for driver installs and such....you know what they'r for, added Win 7 OS (Win 7 personal preference) as wasnt sure, if this isnt needed then it opens up more budget for other bits incase you do want a GPU in there...

Wishlist link: https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/hjJR...rg1m86hUZHiQ,,

hope this helps or atleast a starting point! may also need some sort of sound system with this? i.e. 2.1 logitech or something xD

Cant see anything thats not "gaming" on aria for mouse and keyboards, the rest are around the 5 - 7 mark which i suppose you could get else where.
        Last edited by jacknm2; 26-03-15, 00:22.
        Inte l i7 4790k 4.4Ghz / Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5 / G .Skill TridentX 16GB DDR3 2400MHz / Gigabyte GTX980ti Xtreme Gaming 6GB / 128GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD / 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD / 2TB Seagate HDDx2 / iiayama 40" 4K LED Monitor / Asus 27" 1080p Gaming LCD / Corsair Scimitar RGB Mouse - Corsair Strafe RGB Keyboard / Logitech 5.1 speskers - Corsair Vengance Gaming headset H2100

Comment

Would also say AMD does have a role to play for the typical office PC. You can get quite a smart quad core APU for not very much money. I built my uncle an AMD build with a 120gb SSD, 1TB HDD, 5600k APU, 4GB RAM, disc drive for 300 a little while ago.

As to above, would say perhaps only a 120gb SSD for boot? Could also get away with a cheaper one perhaps also, Crucial or such maybe - boot times with an EVO may be a little OTT? Personal opinion.

Would agree with the rest, but perhaps an aftermarket cooler isn't a totally crucial thing; though it would be nice to have.
          2500k @ Stock | EVGA GTX970 SC | 8GB Corsair LP @ 1600mhz| Noctua NH-D14 | Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 | Corsair TX850 v2 | Coolermaster HAF X | 27" BenQ GW2765HT @ 2560x1440

Add me on Steam: themanhunt1234

Comment

No need for anything more than a 120GB drive, considering it will only be used for FB games. Why get a HDD and a 250GB SSD? Absolutely no need.
            ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
              Personally, I'd base this around an Intel Pentium G3258 and build it up around there. They're wickedly fast for their price and I wholeheartedly recommend them any time.
              Yeah I build a PC with the G series intel recently, was going to do it again,

Originally posted by jacknm2 View Post
              Since FB games are browser based. Make sure you got a goodish connection, keep your internet broswer (i.e. firefox / chrome) clean i.e. clean out browser history / cookies etc... make sure other programs are not eating up ram and cpu resources and i think anything from 2004 and onwards shouldnt have an issue.

Theres no need for a GPU in this as intergrated chipsets will undoubtedly run them.

So invest in a good SSD to improve load times etc...the pentium sounds like a good start, mays well go for 8GB ram to bring it up to date.

Need an OS with this?
              No Os needed

Originally posted by jacknm2 View Post
              Ok I've just done a mess around for you, Worked to 450 budget as you said so you could get some other stuff, worked on a Micro ATX design to save space and weight, Intergrated graphics so no GPU....heres a break down:

Case: A cheap and cheerful mATX design, its up to you if you want to improve on it with higher priced ones, i chose the best bang for buck that didnt have a cheap generic 500w PSU included in it. though you may want one of these......?

Mobo: Gone for a cheap and cheerful again with good design features and some USB 3.0 support, supporting intergrated graphics and a decent onboard sound....

Ram: 8GB mushkin - usually a solid quality ok make. good timings and speed

SSD: 250GB New gen Samsung 850 EVO SSD for good fast load times for your main programs

HDD: Standard 1TB HDD for storgae or music, pictures etc....nothing exciting

CPU Cooler: added a non stock cooler, not sure if the G3258 comes with one or not but i think ive picked a good low profile one for it

PSU: Solid Brand Bequiet, Decent enough powersupply for what you need, dont need to get one that can support SLI / Crossfire and all that jazz, just need a good effecient PSU, with no GPU at least i think 350w Should be fine....I think, someone may have to recheck me on that

Misc: added an extra fan in there for exhaust....as there was only one fan on the front of thr case i selected you will want this for longevity, i might even go as far as saying, spend another 8 or so and add in a 120mm bequiet silent wings case fan to replace the generic one that comes on the front of the case, for better air flow and ultra quietness...... Added an optical drive, pretty much standard one for driver installs and such....you know what they'r for, added Win 7 OS (Win 7 personal preference) as wasnt sure, if this isnt needed then it opens up more budget for other bits incase you do want a GPU in there...

Wishlist link: https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/hjJR...rg1m86hUZHiQ,,

hope this helps or atleast a starting point! may also need some sort of sound system with this? i.e. 2.1 logitech or something xD

Cant see anything thats not "gaming" on aria for mouse and keyboards, the rest are around the 5 - 7 mark which i suppose you could get else where.
              pretty much looks similar to what I was going to build although didnt think of the evo ssd, hmm love that lol

Originally posted by Themanhunt View Post
              Would also say AMD does have a role to play for the typical office PC. You can get quite a smart quad core APU for not very much money. I built my uncle an AMD build with a 120gb SSD, 1TB HDD, 5600k APU, 4GB RAM, disc drive for 300 a little while ago.

As to above, would say perhaps only a 120gb SSD for boot? Could also get away with a cheaper one perhaps also, Crucial or such maybe - boot times with an EVO may be a little OTT? Personal opinion.

Would agree with the rest, but perhaps an aftermarket cooler isn't a totally crucial thing; though it would be nice to have.
              I have 600 to play with in total, an its going to be a surprised, if i go intel, within a few years we can upgrade it if needed, but I doubt it

Comment

Why not get a decent laptop?

You could get a core i7 based one for that with good integrated graphics.

Or a convertible core i5 laptop where the screen flips over and its a touchscreen.

Or an AMD quad core laptop with pretty good gaming graphics ability for that.

Or a larger 17" or smaller 13".

Much more portability, especially for an older person, not stuck sat in front of a screen.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

HP Pavilion 15n series, 2ghz AMD A10 quad core CPU, 8gb ram, 1tb hard drive and 2gb HD 8670 graphics card.

399 plenty for what you need.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Im with themanhunt on the AMD APU side.... the pro being that the on board GPU is far better than the intel versions... I have 2 APU systems and they are very good the shed one is a 6800k pushing a 28 inch 1080p and plays any facebook/browser game with ease also happily plays any film Ive thrown at it....

eg

https://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Home+...roductId=60203

or

https://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Bundl...roductId=61438

My 6800k is sat on one of these...great little board... https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...roductId=62889
                    Last edited by joker3327; 26-03-15, 14:16.
                    posted by scrivz69
                    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

I have little experience with AMD, did have an athlon x64 dual core a while back but its been a while...lol

I find in todays market laptops and tablets are all hyped up with poor quality components, I.e. 400 lenovo laptop bought for my fiancee to do similar things and some other older games, HDD died 6 months down the line, had to pay 50 before they believed it was a Hardware issue and not software, in the end due to some technicality they didnt replace the HDD but i did get my 50 back.

Id rather spend the money here on the parts you want/choose and know you put it together...but thats just me lol

As for the 250GB SSD, why not have it? lol i dont think its overkill at all considering the HDD can do the bulk of mass storage and the SSD can store OS and programs / Save game files etc....

any way, hope i helped somewhat! Good luck
                      Last edited by jacknm2; 26-03-15, 17:52.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
                        +1. I went with the G3258 on TheMadDutchDude's recommendation for my sister's budget gaming rig. Overclocks well on the stock cooler if you need to get a bit more performance out of it too.

EDIT: I'd just stick with the 250GB SSD too. No need for any more storage than that on a budget facebook machine. Also you can always add a storage drive down the line if you find out you need it.
                        Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
                        Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
                          Why not get a decent laptop?
                          Maybe she has a lap top because she wants a lap top. My mum would hate a fancy pc

Comment

My logic is that the Facebook games aren't exactly optimised so the much, much higher single threaded performance from the G3258 should absolutely stomp the AMD offerings. The GPU isn't important as they're 2D for the most part, not exactly graphically intensive.

Comment

id struggle to find many browser games that a graphic intensive xD

Comment

Working...
                              X