Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update

Hi,

I was wondering whether my system which i recently built was unbalanced in any way and what i could do to improve it, i don't really want to spend more money but if any of my current parts are holding back any other parts i would like to upgrade so that my system can reach it's full potential, i play a few games but i mainly use it for animation (Program: Maya) and video editing with some photoshop work.

My Build:
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-F2A75M-D3H AMD A75 Micro-ATX Motherboard
    Processor: AMD (Trinity) A10-5800K Black Edition
    Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Jet Black Low Profile 1600MHz
    Primary Hard Drive: OCZ Agility 3 240GB 2.5" SATA-III Solid State Hard Drive
    Secondry Hard Drive: 2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive
    Graphic Card: MSI Radeon HD 6670 2048MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    Optical Drive: LG 24x Internal DVDRW GH24NS90 SATA Black Bare with m-Disk Support
    PSU: 600W Corsair Builder Series 600CX 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus Black Midi Tower Gaming Case

What would you guys recommend changing or is it all ok and balanced?

Looks good to me, maybe get a medium after-market cooler for some overclocking if you need more "oomph".

Hard to suggest without spending money though

The only other thing I might suggest looking at is a 2nd hdd, run them in Raid-0 for extra read/write speed, or Raid-1 for more read speed and resilience. (would need the current hdd wiping and setting up from scratch for Raid-0 though, Raid-1 might be doable on the fly)

Pretty solid choices all round imo.
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

for what you use it for it looks good

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Guys!

Regarding overclocking i don't really want to go there in case i mess anything up as I've heard things can go badly wrong and i don't really like taking risks, don't really want to spend money unless it is worth it i.e. i could sell the CPU & Mobo if there was good justification to get a different and better one, speed-Wise between the HDD's is good as i can transfer things in the SSD HDD at around 260MB/s and between the SSD to Normal HDD speed is around 125MB/s I do everything on the SSD and then transfer to the Normal HDD once finished.

Comment

Sounds good then tbh
          --
          Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

can i ask why you think its unbalanced?i intend to make basicly an identicle rig after christmas and am a little bit worried now lol

Comment

I don't think it's unbalanced but I'm just asking for opinions

Btw, i was thinking of getting this upgrade and selling my parts:
              Intel Core i7-3820 3.60GHz (Sandy Bridge-E) Socket LGA2011 Processor - Retail
              GIGABYTE X79-UD3 Intel X79 (Socket 2011) ATX Motherboard
              Total 347.32

Would it be worth it or shall i wait?
              Last edited by Bart; 12-12-12, 22:03.

Comment

Looks good mate, i really like the AMD Apu's had some nice results with my llano hybrid xfire, put in a 2gb Asus HD7770 for more oomph on bf3, should've went for a 7850 really but I only upgraded my psu today xD
                Llano A8-3850 - TX3 EVO - 8GB XMS3 1600Mhz - 120GB OCZ SSD - 1TB HDD - ASUS 2GB 7770 - OCZ ZS Series 650w - Windows 7 64bit

Comment

would you not be better taking a nvidia gpu to use its cuda ability in maya?

only i am sure i read there are a few plugins for that now too
                  "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                  Plato

Comment

put up a fs thread mate

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                      I don't think it's unbalanced but I'm just asking for opinions

Btw, i was thinking of getting this upgrade and selling my parts:
                      Intel Core i7-3820 3.60GHz (Sandy Bridge-E) Socket LGA2011 Processor - Retail
                      GIGABYTE X79-UD3 Intel X79 (Socket 2011) ATX Motherboard
                      Total 347.32

Would it be worth it or shall i wait?
                      That would be a very capable bundle, you would be best to look at benchmarks comparing the 2 chips on your specific software though imo to see it if would make a difference.

Originally posted by le4thab View Post
                      put up a fs thread mate
                      I doubt OP has access to the trade area yet
                      --

Comment

oh yeah lol oh well

Comment

Working...
                        X