Thoughts on 700 - 800 Gaming Builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on 700 - 800 Gaming Builds

Hello, I was hoping you'd be able to have a look over a couple of builds of mine before I take the plunge and actually order anything. Budget is hopefully 700 - 800 (that's without a monitor, OS, or any peripherals). It'd be my first time building a PC, but I do have a little experience with replacing faulty parts.

• Requirements:

Just a standard gaming PC that can play games such as, BF3, DayZ, GTA V, Skyrim, etc at reasonably high settings. Doesn't have to play ultra, but that'd be nice . Also, future proofing to a degree would be dandy, few years or whatever, I haven't much clue on the life expectancy rates of the hardware. I have a reasonable idea of what's good and what isn't, I just couldn't tell you why they are good or how they work, though.

• First build:

https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/SwYI...RZLwcODiRAOQ,,

(I have both the HD 7870 and the HD 7950 in there as I couldn't decide whether the 7950 would be worth the bump in price).

total: 756 (w/ HD 7870)

total: 817 (w/ HD 7950)

Both are including shipping.

• Second build:

https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/uEdq...6YdknmTuxBfg,,

I'm actually leaning towards this build at the moment, and I'm liking the blue theme that it's got going on. Not entirely sure about the case.

789 total

Incl. shipping
    • Monitor

Oh, and I quite like the look of this 27" monitor https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Moni...roductId=50573

So, any thoughts, suggestions, criticisms would be really appreciated, thanks!

To be perfectly honest, for 700 you can get a pretty epic system, for 800 you can get the same system with an SSD.

I'd be looking at a 3570k, Z77 board, 7950, 8gb ram, 600w PSU 1tb storage drive and a 120gb ssd

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
    i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
    Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Thanks for the reply, pretty sure I'm going to go with the second build. Although, annoyingly the Crucial M4 128GB SSD just went out of stock. I'm assuming it's all compatible?

Also, I've been looking at ordering two of these http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Monit...roductId=53173 but I'm not sure if I'd be able to dual monitor with the graphics card selected, since they only have HDMI ports, and the HD 7950 only having one HDMI , one DVI connector, and two mini-DisplayPort connectors. Would I have to buy an DVI to HDMI adapter to be able to get both monitors to work?

Thanks again.

Comment

yes you would need a dvi to hdmi adaptor for the second monitor mate they dont cost much though.
        My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

Okay thanks for the advice. Now I see the other XFX 7950 SuperSpecial deal and I'm thinking of going with it. Although, I read some bad reviews about the card. Worth the 26 pound saving from the gigabyte 7950?

Comment

Originally posted by Seatter View Post
            Okay thanks for the advice. Now I see the other XFX 7950 SuperSpecial deal and I'm thinking of going with it. Although, I read some bad reviews about the card. Worth the 26 pound saving from the gigabyte 7950?
            I picked this one up in the last build I bought. It works, looks quite good and the cooler seems decent enough. That being said XFX have a bit of a reputation, but I personally had to save the money in this situation.

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
            i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
            Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

might be worth giving the sales team an email or message on here to see if that gigabyte 7950 comes with the "never settle" games bundle, if not, might be worth getting it somewhere else that do offer it. its about 40 worth of games
              i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

Yeah, I noticed it didn't have the games bundle but the XFX 7950 has it. So, the XFX is 26 cheaper and has the games bundle. Very tempting. Thanks for the help Naphta and Finners, probably have another question soon but cheers anyway. I assume I can't 'Thank' you due to my low post count?

Comment

Working...
                X