New Pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pc

Hey I've already posted a similar one but may not have been very clear. I'm looking for a new gaming pc around the budget of 500. I am a complete noob when it comes to buying components so if you could I'd would need a comprehensive list like cases,power,fan etc
    cheers if you take your time to answer.

Powerful Intel build, a good all rounder with an i5 processor and Radeon HD 7850 GPU
    https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/uJqQ1ox9TdG2vDHk1Y9tyQ

Comment

Pretty much exactly what I'm looking for

Comment

you need to add an operating system monitor keyboard and mouse onto that as well

also that list has a K model processor which is designed for overclocking and a board that doesn't overclock
        Last edited by danroyle; 09-12-12, 16:03.
        My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

560 build including mechanical keybaord and 22" monitor you just need to add windows.

https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/YM-XbUAtXGLfKgRPhg0FDw,,

if your just after a mid level gaming rig thats better value for money than the 2500k system
          My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

Worth paying 7 more and getting the 6300 IMO, but agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Terbinator View Post
              your right i didnt even look at the 6 core thought it would be too dear
              change cpu to https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...er+FX+-+AM3%2B

Comment

by that logic wouldnt he be better spending the extra on an i5 as its a gaming build?
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
                  by that logic wouldnt he be better spending the extra on an i5 as its a gaming build?
                  The same logic that ignores the 60-75 gap?

It isn't comparable in any way.
                  Last edited by Terbinator; 10-12-12, 08:38.

Comment

Cheers, I like that rig alot

Comment

The same logic that ignores the 60-75 gap?

It isn't comparable in any way.
                      so spending more on something which is better suited isnt comparable to spending more on something better suited?

ok...
                      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                      Plato

Comment

I'd be more inclined to go for an ivy compatible board and i3, then can drop an i5 in later if needs be.

you could also drop that power supply down to a 500 or 530w. 600 is fairly overkill. as is the mechanical board, when on a budget.
                        Originally posted by andyn
                        Trick in most cases seems to be to get in early, and get out early. Pump and dump.
                        PC: - i5-3570k, Mushkin 64gb SSD, 8GB Vengeance, MSI Twin Frozr III 7850.
                        Laptop: - Asus N55SF, Core i7-2670QM, GT555M (2GB).

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
                          so spending more on something which is better suited isnt comparable to spending more on something better suited?

ok...
                          Spending 70 more for a negligible difference isn't comparable in anyway to me saying you may as well spend the extra 7 over the 4300.

Comment

this is the best build I could put together with all in; https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/XHVh...x_HgAdapjKsA,,
                            Originally posted by andyn
                            Trick in most cases seems to be to get in early, and get out early. Pump and dump.
                            PC: - i5-3570k, Mushkin 64gb SSD, 8GB Vengeance, MSI Twin Frozr III 7850.
                            Laptop: - Asus N55SF, Core i7-2670QM, GT555M (2GB).

Comment

so its not the fact that it is in essence the same thing but its the fact that its only the same thing if the price difference isnt so big?

interesting.

see to me i would rather take the intel route as it has a better upgrade path, idk about you terb but having an i7 as a possible upgrade is better than being stuck on am3+ imo.

i think bart pretty much nailed it in the 1st reply anyway, swap the cpu for one to match the mobo (none k) and use that money to get a dvd drive and i think its there.
                              Plato

Comment

Working...
                              X