Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to buy my first gaming PC. 400-500 pound budget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy my first gaming PC. 400-500 pound budget.

Hey guys. I'm new to Aria, the forums and the complicated world of building computers in general :').
    Anyway, I'm looking to purchase the parts for my first proper gaming PC between now and mostly at Christmas.
    It will be used for general "interwebbing" and the such, but mainly to play most of the games I throw at it at a decent rate.
    I'm not massively clued up on all the parts and what's good and not, but I'm competent enough. Also my brother in law works in building computers, so putting the actual thing shouldn't be a major problem.
    If anyone one could wish list some stuff and post it here to help me, I'd be very happy .
    Also to note, I also need a keyboard and mouse, but a monitor could wait as I use to hook my old laptop up to my TV in my room and it worked pretty well.
    Thanks in advance for any help, and hope to join the forum as a permanent member. Loving this community

Budget?

Comment

I did say in the subject, but hopefully around 400-500 if I can save enough from two months wages and I've got an old broken laptop I'm gunna try and sell for repair or parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshhy3Tz View Post
        I did say in the subject, but hopefully around 400-500 if I can save enough from two months wages and I've got an old broken laptop I'm gunna try and sell for repair or parts.
        Oh damn sorry. Didn't really read the whole title . Spaceboy should be just around the corner .

Comment

No worries aha. Surprised I got a reply so quickly really!

Comment

Do you need OS?

Comment

I thinkkkkk I've got a copy of Windows 7 64bit from the last laptop I had, but if not I know a few people that defiantly do have a spare so that shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Alright, well here's something I've put together. May need some touching up, and keyboard/mouse isn't yet included.
                Tad over 500, but I guess it's well worth it.
                https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/q5occqhigEnnJhhDfg_dwg,,

Comment

Can't go far wrong with that, Pinky!

I know the OP needs a keyboard and mouse etc. so maybe dropping to an i3 would be more suitable with the option to upgrade to the i5 later on if he wishes.
                  ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
                    Can't go far wrong with that, Pinky!

I know the OP needs a keyboard and mouse etc. so maybe dropping to an i3 would be more suitable with the option to upgrade to the i5 later on if he wishes.
                    Yeah, and I also forgot storage space.

Comment

That seems reasonable . It's good enough for most modern games then? What about OCing it? I don't plan to as I haven't had good luck with computers in general, specially when pushing them to their limits but it's always good to know.

Added after 2 minutes:

Ahaha, yeah kinda need that too :').
                      Like I said, about 500 would be my limit for the tower itself, minus any peripherals I need.
                      Last edited by Joshhy3Tz; 07-11-12, 23:41.

Comment

Overclocking on Intel is easier than ever before. Plus, nearly every one of us on here can help you with it.

I didn't even notice storage space. You weren't the only one who's half asleep!

Mhmm. We may have to shuffle things around a little more than planned.
                        ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/h7KJ2gD4p9dRwpuA01N8mw
                          Updated it.

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
                          Overclocking on Intel is easier than ever before. Plus, nearly every one of us on here can help you with it.

I didn't even notice storage space. You weren't the only one who's half asleep!

Mhmm. We may have to shuffle things around a little more than planned.
                          Hah, really am knackered. It's getting late, yet I need some moar CS:GO.

Comment

There we go.

Perhaps the OP can squeeze the budget a little and we can get an SSD in there too.

Comment

Probably can get a 60/64GB in there for a boot drive.
                              I would suggest getting a samsung like myself, or an M4, but they're the most expensive (unless you dig around).
                              Last edited by Snow; 07-11-12, 23:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X