Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watercooling Loop

right here i am again, bet your all getting sick of me now

would love some guidance on the parts im getting and if i need to change anything

the parts im looking at cooling is a i7-3820 cpu, 7970 gpu (either a xfx or msi depends what i get on the day) in a haf x case, as for links seen as im not getting em from aria i cant send a link to where i am going right

right so list wise here it goes

gpu - EK-FC7970 acetal+nickel & EK-FC7950 Backplate
    cpu - EK-Supremacy - Acetal - Universal Water Block
    Res + Pump - XSPC X2O 750 Dual 5.25 Bay Reservoir Pump V2
    Fittings - EK-PSC Fitting 13mm - G1/4 Black for ID 1/2" OD 3/4" Tube
    Rad - EK-CoolStream RAD XT (360) & EK-CoolStream RAD XT 140mm Single (gotta love the over kill)

Along with a
    EK-VGA I/O bracket for HD 7970 Graphics Cards and 3.3m (10f) of 1/2"ID-3/4" OD Hose and fluid it should finish it off nicely

now i am right with these or should i change anything or cut back or what?

I would changing the XSPC X20 pump V2 for the new V4 edition, I personally think it looks really smart, I don't know about the EK 7950 backplate fitting a 7970 but you will need to check that on the cooling configuration thing on EK's site when you know which brand you are getting. Everything else looks great, I would maybe look at getting the copper version of the EK Supremacy as I know they had issues with the plating flaking on the older blocks or look at the XSPC Raystorm if you want an alternative, I don't know which one you are getting from the OP. The EK fittings are great, I have some myself, they appear to be just painted but providing you don't give them rough treatment they should be fine. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayling Laser Sailor View Post
      I would changing the XSPC X20 pump V2 for the new V4 edition, I personally think it looks really smart, I don't know about the EK 7950 backplate fitting a 7970 but you will need to check that on the cooling configuration thing on EK's site when you know which brand you are getting. Everything else looks great, I would maybe look at getting the copper version of the EK Supremacy as I know they had issues with the plating flaking on the older blocks or look at the XSPC Raystorm if you want an alternative, I don't know which one you are getting from the OP. The EK fittings are great, I have some myself, they appear to be just painted but providing you don't give them rough treatment they should be fine. Hope this helps.
      well spotted with the 7950, was not paying much notice when i put that down, i'll put the 7970 version in as and when they have the stock (thourght i already did )

full copper EK cpu block done, looks nicer then that one also, and thanks ill look into the other things

Comment

No problems, did you decide if you were going to get the XSPC X20 750 V4 pump over the V2?

Should be a really nice loop, got any plans for coolant?

Comment

Originally posted by Hayling Laser Sailor View Post
          No problems, did you decide if you were going to get the XSPC X20 750 V4 pump over the V2?

Should be a really nice loop, got any plans for coolant?
          im look for the XSPC now

ive got no plans for coolant at the moment but ill decide on something, my entire pc is black / red at the moment so i want to carry it on so if you have any suggestions

Edit - yes ill defo get one of these if i find somewhere that stocks them (
          http://www.xs-pc.com/products/pumps/...pump-black-v4/)
          Last edited by solidsteve; 06-11-12, 22:43.

Comment

Originally posted by solidsteve View Post
            im look for the XSPC now

ive got no plans for coolant at the moment but ill decide on something, my entire pc is black / red at the moment so i want to carry it on so if you have any suggestions

Edit - yes ill defo get one of these if i find somewhere that stocks them (
            http://www.xs-pc.com/products/pumps/...pump-black-v4/)
            Ok sweet, get some Mayhems Coolant, looks the business, don't think Aurora is compatible with the pump, but the Pastel coolant needs to be seen to be believed, the colour is so strong.

Can't comment on where stocks them as they would be a competitor however they are about on pre-order.

Comment

mayhems pastel ftw

used 3 different colours so far, all be lush

dont use mayhems aurora tho, its only meant for show systems

Best Thermal Paste 2017 Comparison

Comment

Originally posted by gavbon View Post
                dont use mayhems aurora tho, its only meant for show systems
                That's the official line.

How many people pay attention to that.

I would just use Mayhems Pastel anyway, personally I think it looks better.

Comment

was considering some MX-4 or something from Arctic Silver

Comment

Originally posted by solidsteve View Post
                    was considering some MX-4 or something from Arctic Silver
                    The block should come with some, I think it might be MX-4 however not really sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X