Clear All

• Terbinator
    replied
    Yeah, the A10 is 7660D.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Banana
    replied
    edited

Looks like I might go for the A10 quite happily for now.

Could sell my laptop after for a much more decent graphics card.
    Last edited by Mr Banana; 07-11-12, 13:03.

Leave a comment:

• Terbinator
    replied
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...10_5800k&num=4

Give this a look.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Banana
    replied
    Oops i meant the A10 - Trinity.

Leave a comment:

• Terbinator
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Banana View Post
    Source?

I might go with an FX10 or something since semi decent processor with okay inbuilt graphics gives me a while to save for an nvidia graphics chip then.
    There is no FX10 and there aren't any FX processors with built in GPU - that's expected to come with SteamRoller - but if SA is to be believed then they've been pushed back to 2014.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Banana
    replied
    Originally posted by Vhero View Post
    The new piledriver cores are better than the i5 under linux.. Just putting that out there.. I know you chose an i3 but linux can really use those extra cores unlike windows and blows them away if I was going with linux over windows on a budget I wouldn't go intel..
    Source?

I might go with an FX10 or something since semi decent processor with okay inbuilt graphics gives me a while to save for an nvidia graphics chip then.

Leave a comment:

• Terbinator
    replied
    Phoronix did a review although it was all server stuff IIIRC.

Now stock is coming through you'd be mad to go i3 anyway as the FX6300 eats it alive.

Leave a comment:

• Spaceboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Vhero View Post
    The new piledriver cores are better than the i5 under linux.. Just putting that out there.. I know you chose an i3 but linux can really use those extra cores unlike windows and blows them away if I was going with linux over windows on a budget I wouldn't go intel..
    Interesting... source ?

Leave a comment:

• Vhero
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheMadDutchDude
    replied
    They ran out of stock.

Leave a comment:

• CATTHEFIFTH
    replied
    I don't seem to be able to find an 85 GTX560TI 448 anywhere!!

Leave a comment:

• Spaceboy
    replied
    Could even look around for a GTX460 around that price - might struggle to find new though.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadDutchDude
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Banana View Post
    I'm trying to lower the price as much as possible, those cards are double the price.
    The card is more expensive but it is more than twice as good I would say. Plus, if you drop to an i3 which is more than adequate for those games, you would have a very well balanced system.

Leave a comment:

• Terbinator
    replied
    In that case you're going to have to go with an A10 build instead.

How are AMD's Linux drivers now?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Banana
    replied
    I'm trying to lower the price as much as possible, those cards are double the price.

Originally posted by Dillon View Post
    640 is a waste of money, try older generations, as tMDM said, ask RawZ about the 560 448, miles better than the 640.
    Bargain at that price really.

If not try second hand

Leave a comment:

Working...
X