Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 - 750

Heya guys!

I was wondering if you could spec me a build for up to 600 and then another one for up to 750.

Won't need a OS, keyboard, mouse or speakers as I've already got all that. However, I do need a case and no overclocked components, I also want to have the following:
    - A 20" or 22" monitor (no bigger or smaller please).
    - Boot up SSD.
    - Try to build the rig with gaming in mind .

Additionally optional benefits:
    - Good case.
    - USB 3.0 ports.
    - Crossfire/SLI (multiple graphics cards).

It's been ages since I've been on any hardware website and the last time I stopped catching up with this stuff, it was around the time sandy bridge was released, so I guess I have a hell of a lot of catching up to do.

I also already have a Corsair CX500 if that can be used instead of buying a new PSU.

Updated: See latest posts.
    Last edited by Faisal; 02-11-12, 22:26.

RIG 1 - CPU: Intel Q6600 2.4GHz | GPU: HIS 5770 1GB | RAM: 4GB DDR2 Samsung 800MHz | HDD: 500GB WD | SSD: None | PSU: Corsair CX500 v1 | CASE: Dell Inspiron 530
    RIG 2 - CPU: Intel i7 3770K | GPU: Gigabyte 7970 3GB OC | RAM: 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | HDD: 2TB Seagate | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | PSU: Corsair HX650 v2 80 Plus Gold | CASE: Corsair Carbide 500R

Why do you list SLi as a good thing? It tends to give you driver nightmares, performance doesn't always scale, and you can't SLi in the future for a cheaper upgrade... for a new rig I would suggest using a single card.
    PC: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI, 2 x 4 GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz, XFX 7870 LE.
    Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 - IntelCore i5 2520M @ 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM

Comment

Hmm, well I guess I never thought about that . I guess you can't really get a good SLI rig for under 600 anyway.

RIG 1 - CPU: Intel Q6600 2.4GHz | GPU: HIS 5770 1GB | RAM: 4GB DDR2 Samsung 800MHz | HDD: 500GB WD | SSD: None | PSU: Corsair CX500 v1 | CASE: Dell Inspiron 530
      RIG 2 - CPU: Intel i7 3770K | GPU: Gigabyte 7970 3GB OC | RAM: 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | HDD: 2TB Seagate | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | PSU: Corsair HX650 v2 80 Plus Gold | CASE: Corsair Carbide 500R

Comment

I wouldn't worry with SLI for that budget, just get a good single card.

Comment

I managed to come up with this:
          https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/RhOqTDd2v3i-BJ5jwDVmzQ

Any problems with it? I added a power supply as I might sell my old one with my old PC although I'm not sure if the power supply is good enough for this rig or whether it will all fit into that case.

Also I still need a decent but cheap 20" or 22" monitor, any suggestions on that?
          Last edited by Faisal; 01-11-12, 11:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal View Post
            I managed to come up with this:
            https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/RhOqTDd2v3i-BJ5jwDVmzQ

Any problems with it? I added a power supply as I might sell my old one with my old PC although I'm not sure if the power supply is good enough for this rig or whether it will all fit into that case.

Also I still need a decent but cheap 20" or 22" monitor, any suggestions on that?
            I tried to come up with this which has a Better Gpu + 3 games, better cpu, a better case and a better mobo!

I'm pretty sure the 7950 can run on a 500w psu, Just be careful with overclocks.

https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/b5c8...8KGngPNN_0jQ,,
            OMFGDOGS -----> http://omfgdogs.com/ .

Comment

Originally posted by ChromedCobra View Post
              I tried to come up with this which has a Better Gpu + 3 games, better cpu, a better case and a better mobo!

I'm pretty sure the 7950 can run on a 500w psu, Just be careful with overclocks.

https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/b5c8...8KGngPNN_0jQ,,
              Nice! Thanks for the response. I was having a look at both the 7950 and the 660 Ti and I'm not quite sure which one is better, they both have similar specs right? I've always had ATi cards and have always had worse performance than I expected them to have so I wanted to try out the green side of the graphics card market . Also I noticed that card is really cheap but then I saw XFX and now I'm not sure, are they any good? I know about a couple of years ago they had quite a bit of complaints about faulty cards.

Also about the power supply, it always worries me when I'm picking one, do you think the current 500W power supply is enough for the i5 processor and 660 Ti?

I love the mobo and case in that rig you specced, but I want at least a 1TB drive just so that I don't have to worry about space on my PC for a long while.

Also don't plan to overclock anything, one because the PSU is just about handling the rig as it is, two because I don't like BSOD's and three because I suck at overclocking .
              Last edited by Faisal; 01-11-12, 19:19.

Comment

Nice! Thanks for the response. I was having a look at both the 7950 and the 660 Ti and I'm not quite sure which one is better, they both have similar specs right? I've always had ATi cards and have always had worse performance than I expected them to have so I wanted to try out the green side of the graphics card market . Also I noticed that card is really cheap but then I saw XFX and now I'm not sure, are they any good? I know about a couple of years ago they had quite a bit of complaints about faulty cards.

Also about the power supply, it always worries me when I'm picking one, do you think the current 500W power supply is enough for the i5 processor and 660 Ti?

I love the mobo and case in that rig you specced, but I want at least a 1TB drive just so that I don't have to worry about space on my PC for a long while.

Also don't plan to overclock anything, one because the PSU is just about handling the rig as it is, two because I don't like BSOD's and three because I suck at overclocking .

Nah the 7950 is great! come with 3 FREE Games Hitman Absolution, Sleeping dogs and Far cry 3 and it's AMAZING at overclocking You could probably reach 680 or 7970 speeds! But I would say Try and wait till aria have another Manufacturer like MSI or Gigabyte or get a Arianet one if not the msi power edition GTX 660 ti Might not be a bad idea.

Comment

Hey guys, I've been searching through reviews and stuff and decided I wanna spend a bit more cash just so this PC lasts longer, I have a new budget of 810 leaving 90 if I buy a new monitor, if not then I'll save 90 but I don't want to go above 810 on the actual build itself.

Here's what I've worked on:
                  EDIT: https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/zIP2P4akwDJ0Vr7ncDDQWw

I plan to add 1 DVD-RW drive, keyboard, mouse, speakers, possibly a monitor (or I'll buy a new one) and ofcourse an OS (I already have this stuff ready).

Have I missed out anything? Are these parts compatible, any serious bottle necks? Is the PSU good enough for it? I know the 670 seems a bit overkill compared to the rest of the parts but it should work fine right?

If you guys have a better build in mind for that budget or any advice I would greatly appreciate it .
                  Last edited by Faisal; 03-11-12, 14:55.

Comment

Hey guys, I've been searching through reviews and stuff and decided I wanna spend a bit more cash just so this PC lasts longer, I have a new budget of 810 leaving 90 if I buy a new monitor, if not then I'll save 90 but I don't want to go above 810 on the actual build itself.

Here's what I've worked on:
                    https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/Jp4zW7y2k8ZkdAOm-UjySA

I plan to add 1 DVD-RW drive, keyboard, mouse, speakers, possibly a monitor (or I'll buy a new one) and ofcourse an OS (I already have this stuff ready).

Have I missed out anything? Are these parts compatible, any serious bottle necks? Is the PSU good enough for it? I know the 670 seems a bit overkill compared to the rest of the parts but it should work fine right?

If you guys have a better build in mind for that budget or any advice I would greatly appreciate it .

That's great I would just say get a Gigabyte windforce GTX 670 for MUCH better cooling and maybe try switch out the mobo to this one: https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...roductId=49021

and get a crucial m4 instead of the OCZ!

Comment

Originally posted by ChromedCobra View Post
                      That's great I would just say get a Gigabyte windforce GTX 670 for MUCH better cooling and maybe try switch out the mobo to this one: https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...roductId=49021

and get a crucial m4 instead of the OCZ!
                      Thanks for the advice!

With the SSD's I did see the crucial m4 but based my decision on this:
                      OCZ Agility 3 60GB @ 60 - Maximum Read: 525MB/sec, Maximum Write: 475MB/sec
                      Crucial M4 64GB @ 60 - Read Speed: 550MB/Sec, Write Speed: 110MB/Sec
                      Did I miss a trick or something?

As for the graphics card, the Gigabyte Windforce does look much better and only costs 7 more but I'm thinking it looks a little long and I'm always worried about it touching the HDD drive bays when I install it, does anyone know it's length? I know the MSI one is 24.2cm if I recall correctly.

Also at the motherboard, I was considering the one you suggested but the only differences I saw between the two was better SLI/CrossFire support as it has an additional PCI-E x3 slot but I don't really think I will ever get a SLI/CrossFire configuration, I will more likely just upgrade my graphics card because otherwise I'll need a new PSU too. But are there any other benefits to that mobo?

Comment

OCZ tend to have reliability issues.

EDIT: And don't get conned by the 'maximum write speed'. It'll be incredibly hard to get anywhere near to that.

EDIT: This is my 200th post.
                        Last edited by dunc; 03-11-12, 11:56.
                        {Insert witty comment here}

Comment

Originally posted by dunc View Post
                          OCZ tend to have reliability issues.

EDIT: And don't get conned by the 'maximum write speed'. It'll be incredibly hard to get anywhere near to that.

EDIT: This is my 200th post.
                          Ahh ok, well I guess I'll definitely go for the Crucial M4, better read speeds, extra 4GB and more reliable . Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X