Last minute advice before purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last minute advice before purchase

Hello, i have a budget of 700 (really all im willing to spend atm) for a gaming comp. This is what i've got Just need some last minute advice before purchase regarding what i have picked, eg better value for money alternatives, better quality, or cheaper alternatives. As i said my budget is 700 but i can go a bit over if it means better value for money. Another thing is i need a case, im not looking to spend loads as i really don't care for looks but i would like to make sure its 1)big enough for what im ordering 2)has good ventilation and 3)has all the ports etc ill need.
    Last edited by MonkeyBob; 06-05-12, 19:15.

don't think your wish list is set to public. i can't see it anyway

Comment

Sorry, set it to public. should be able to see it now.

Comment

actually, i think you've pasted the wrong url too. just takes me to my wish lists

Comment

Haha try it now

Comment

got the list...

Swap the RAM to 1600MHz stuff, save yourself 20
            - Vengeance LP, or Mushkin Frostbyte
            Get the MSI Twin Frozr 7850... more future proof than the GTX570 due to extra VRAM
            Save 10 and get this modular PSU! https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...roductId=46238

Consider the Ivy cpu 3750k with the savings

/edit: If the hdd is going to be a boot drive, do NOT get a "green" drive. Get a normal 1TB even if it is a few more .
            --
            Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
              got the list...

Swap the RAM to 1600MHz stuff, save yourself 20
              - Vengeance LP, or Mushkin Frostbyte
              Get the MSI Twin Frozr 7850... more future proof than the GTX570 due to extra VRAM
              Save 10 and get this modular PSU! https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...roductId=46238

Consider the Ivy cpu 3750k with the savings

/edit: If the hdd is going to be a boot drive, do NOT get a "green" drive. Get a normal 1TB even if it is a few more .
              spaceboy is the man for this type of thing mate.

having said that xD

i would put any savings into getting a 7950, 7800s dont do enough imo.
              "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
              Plato

Comment

I dont even see any wishlist now, but generally follow Spaceboys advice
                GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post

i would put any savings into getting a 7950, 7800s dont do enough imo.
                  I tend to agree, but the recommendations above don't quite save enough for a 7950... Even with the 2500k, you're still looking at 740 minimum, compared to the 700 of the original list, or the 680 my list comes to
                  --
                  Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Ok the wishlist has been revised, all good? also any case recommendations? again not fussed on looks so aslong as it fits everything nicely with good ventilation and ports.

Comment

List for reference : https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/zQxspmybeGHH7Wvc3LMeow,,

Looks pretty good to me, can't see how to squeeze in a 7950 under 750

Only thing I'd consider would be the IvyBridge i5 - gives you PCI3 support, and native sata3/usb3 : https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...roductId=49755

Case-wise, if that's still under the 700 total budget then you might actually be better keeping the 2500k as it frees a little more for the case.

Z11 at 54 seems good, comes with fans : https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=48831

or the old fave Fractal R3 at 70 : https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=46520
                      comes in black and "titanium"
                      --

Comment

I heard the 2500k is better suited for gaming thoe? really only looking for gaming performance and don't intend to upgrade in the future, ill be looking 4/5 years minimum out of this machine before i intend to upgrade so still worth that CPU? My current one has done me 3 years and even when i bought it it was a bit out of date.

Comment

If it was me, I'd get the 3570k just for the ability to use PCI3 in the future.

It's slightly quicker than the 2500k, but doesn't overclock as high.
                          --

Comment

ill stick with the 2500k as by the time i use a pci3 anything ill prob be better suited buying a new comp thanks for all your help

Comment

Fair enough mate, enjoy - and feel free to upload pics when it arrives
                              --

Comment

Working...
                              X