Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it really does need a 700w psu!

Comment

I disagree... would recommend a 650W for a single 680, and 850W for SLI... so long as they are high quality units (xfx, corsair)
      --
      Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
        I disagree... would recommend a 650W for a single 680, and 850W for SLI... so long as they are high quality units (xfx, corsair)
        You had me going at xfx.

Oh and just as a note to you sexy peeps, I wont be able to afford to electricity cost of a sli rig since I spent it all

Comment

Originally posted by Nevbox View Post
          No it really does need a 700w psu!
          runs happily on this Antec High current Gamer 620W.....I suppose its nearly 700w
          posted by scrivz69
          I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
          i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

A quality branded 600w unit would be fine to power a single 680.
            ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Originally posted by Rhydian View Post
              You had me going at xfx.

Oh and just as a note to you sexy peeps, I wont be able to afford to electricity cost of a sli rig since I spent it all
              Nothing wrong with XFX for PSU's, they are Seasonic OEM's. Get a lot of complaints about XFX GPU's though but I have one and it's been fine, maybe I'm just lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeddy View Post
                I agree youd do much better off of a 680 for gaming and photoshop.
                No, Not Much Better for Gaming, the Differences are Minimal and that extra vram Helps in alot of Games such as Bf3 and Crysis 2 and will be much more future proof then the gtx 680.
                OMFGDOGS -----> http://omfgdogs.com/ .

Comment

Decided and ordered the hx650w should be more then enough for a single card.

Comment

Case and motherboard arrived today. 300r is going to be my temp case but looking at it in person it's pretty stunning for 60.

Motherboard was noticeably heavier then any I've had before, again another well built product.

now to wait for ssd, psu, gpu and then 23rd for IB!

note: forgot to order ram lol

Comment

Items recied so far,

Case: Corsair carbide 300r
                      Motherboard: z77 sabertooth
                      GPU: GtX 680
                      PSU: Corsair hx650

Items awaiting delivery

SSD: Mushkin 240gb
                      Ram: Corsair vengeance 8GB (2x4) 9-9-9-24 timings

Items recycled

Cooler: Thermaltake Frio (had broken fan mount, fixed with glue)

So essentially just waiting for Mr. Intel to release IB. Reason I'm updating is so other people can get a idea of cost/performance when I upload some benchmarks
                      Last edited by Rhydian; 20-04-12, 09:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhydian View Post
                        Ram: Corsair vengeance 8GB (2x4) 9-9-9-24 timings
                        Cooler: Thermaltake Frio (had broken fan mount, fixed with glue)
                        Hope that RAM fits dude, is it the Low Profile heatsink?

If it doesn't fit, swap it for Vengeance LP, or the Mushkin Frostbyte imo

Good luck with the build dude, looking forward to pics
                        --
                        Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
                          Hope that RAM fits dude, is it the Low Profile heatsink?

If it doesn't fit, swap it for Vengeance LP, or the Mushkin Frostbyte imo

Good luck with the build dude, looking forward to pics
                          Was the low profile one but looking back at it my mushkin ssd is going to be bullied by the corsair case, psu and ram

Comment

Quality 450W for a 680...

Comment

Originally posted by Terbinator View Post
                              Quality 450W for a 680...
                              You feeling a'rite?

Comment

Absolutely. Somethig like a VX450 would run a 2500K build and 680 problem free IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X