Upgrade advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade advice

Haven't been on these forums in a long long time sadly work and life have got in the way. But i am hoping to be more active again so now to my question.

I currently have an i7 3770k yes a bit long in the tooth and really want an upgrade. So do i jump to AMD with Ryzen and either the 3800x or 3850x or stick with intel and go i7 9700k.

Currently have a GTX1070 strix OC GPU to pair with the new CPU, MOBO and Ram

Whats everyone's thoughts? Budget will be around 1000 for the CPU, RAM 16gb or 32gb, Motherboard possibly Asus

then its the nice to haves if possible an nVme drive and a Define R6 case.

I also have a Samsung 850pro ssd in the system currenty. Also after upgrade will my Win10(free upgrade) still work??

Kind Regards

Steve
    Back up and running fully

Things are a bit dead here now. The forum got an 'upgrade' which basically made it unusable which is a shame. Most people have gone off to pastures new. I've only just been able to reset my password after 116 days of it telling me my password was too old, and then getting stuck in a loop when I tried to change it.

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Is there anything that your PC currently doesn't do that you'd like it to? Also, yes the Windows 10 free upgrade still works. You just need to have an activated install of Win7 on your PC, and then run the Win10 Upgrade Assistant

Originally posted by coiler
      Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Worth noting that Intel current chips keep losing tiny % with pretty much every new exploit found. Newest Ryzen chips launching soon are harden against all current known exploits, so performance isn't eroding over time.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Is there anything that your PC currently doesn't do that you'd like it to? Also, yes the Windows 10 free upgrade still works. You just need to have an activated install of Win7 on your PC, and then run the Win10 Upgrade Assistant
          No nothing in particular being honest just not upgraded for a long time and coming into a bit of money soon. I'm leaning towards the 3900x or 3950x but not had an AMD chip since Thunderbird.

I have win 8pro which was the base to my win 10 upgrade originally.
          Back up and running fully

Comment

Working...
          X